Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your suits

Jovan

Suspended
Hemingway Jones said:
The Brooks Brothers "346" Brand is their outlet brand. Typically, if it is not labeled as such, it is their regular line.

Their dress shirts are typically regular Brooks Bros and you will see the same color-coded tags. The differences in the ties is negligible. The difference in suits is perceptable, especially to us.

However, the "346" brand is still excellent and on par with many regular brands. Look at the disparity between J. Crew and J. Crew Outlet; extremely drastic.
That's a shame. I was thinking of checking out the nearest J. Crew outlet to see if I could get a couple of their silk knit ties for a decent price.

Do the Brooks outlets carry the Slim Fit shirts?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The ties are pretty much consistent through the different J Crew badges. I didn't see any silk knits when I was there over the weekend.

Yes, the Brooks outlets do get slim fits. Check for the color coded tags.

The real Henry

Practically Family
My suit has arrived two weeks ago and just got it back from the seamstress, who let out the pants and took in the waist a bit. The jacket still feels a little baggy to be, but the pants are great.

I'm wearing it with my new favourite tie and a matching hankie.

66lmekk.jpg

54e62wm.jpg

675mnuc.jpg

632uqnq.jpg

Regards,
Henrik

Jovan

Suspended
Henrik: The thing that gives off the "daddy's clothes" vibe... is the shirt cuffs. If they were only showing a bit, I think it'd help a lot. The trousers look great.

EDIT: Sorry, I spelled your name as "Heinrich" for some reason.

Hey Henrik,

The trousers look great. Do the pleats open towards the fly or towards the side seam? Looks to me towards the fly . . . Can we have an outdoor (in daylight) shot of the jacket to see the details of the lapels, shoulders etc?

Is that the crazy tie 'n hankie set from the 20s?

And put some bloody shoes on! ;)

cheers,
bk

GBR

One of the Regulars
Good looking suit - is this your first of this type?

Can you do some photos of the inside of the jacket as well please?

The real Henry

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
Looks to me towards the fly . . .

Correct, and now that I have a pair of pants with this feature, I think I prefer it. There also are a smaller sewn in pleats.

Baron Kurtz said:
Is that the crazy tie 'n hankie set from the 20s?

Correct again, I think it's really cool even though it a appeared to be more green than black. It will look best with a black shirt, IMO.

Other pics will follow tomorrow!

Regards,
Henrik

The real Henry

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz and HBK you're right I have wide shoulders and they look even wider in suit jacket, but like I said before this jacket fits unusually baggy. Especially the sleeves are pretty roomy at the shoulders which makes me wonder if this suit is a drape suit.

BTW- Yes, this is my first SB vintage suit.

Regards,
Henrik

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Shoe colour

Though that is one of my favourite shoe colours ( ) and maybe the photo is the reason but those shoes are not differentiated enough in colour to the suit methinks ...too orange...not dark enough

Rooster

Practically Family
The real Henry said:
Baron Kurtz and HBK you're right I have wide shoulders and they look even wider in suit jacket, but like I said before this jacket fits unusually baggy. Especially the sleeves are pretty roomy at the shoulders which makes me wonder if this suit is a drape suit.

BTW- Yes, this is my first SB vintage suit.

Regards,
Henrik
Henrik,
You look sharp in that suit. Most men would kill for broad shoulders such as yours. 40's suits were disigned to exaggerate the broad shouldered nipped in waist look, you come by it naturally. Don't worry about a thing, you've got the vintage look down pat. Sleeve length is debatable, I see nothing wrong with that length at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82