Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

The Shooman

Practically Family
A nice pair of suede captoes Mr Hats2.

My new bespokes:
8ae25998-1b30-411c-a8c1-2edbb22b1100_zpse1e4a761.jpg

My maker:
7d56f464-1597-493c-a846-1069c43418a4_zps009826a6.jpg

You won't see shoos like that made in Australia again. This shoo is the end of an era. All handmade. It took about 10 hours just to stitch the two soles on (machines only take 40 seconds for a pair).

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
A nice pair of suede captoes Mr Hats2.

My new bespokes:
8ae25998-1b30-411c-a8c1-2edbb22b1100_zpse1e4a761.jpg

My maker:
7d56f464-1597-493c-a846-1069c43418a4_zps009826a6.jpg

You won't see shoos like that made in Australia again. This shoo is the end of an era. All handmade. It took about 10 hours just to stitch the two soles on (machines only take 40 seconds for a pair).

Really nice pair, I love the color, too! Hard to find that shade of a brown at all any more. I have been looking into taking a course for making shoes myself. From my own knowledge of "wood work" I am sure making several different "last" for my foot will not be really all that hard to do...but the actual making of a shoe, that is going to take some real effort and learning. I am very fortunate to have learned as much as I have about shoes from being here on the Lounge. I have found myself being more "fussy" about what I will buy or own! lol!

BR Gordon

One Too Many
I am very fortunate to have learned as much as I have about shoes from being here on the Lounge. I have found myself being more "fussy" about what I will buy or own! lol!

This quote applies to much more than just shoes. I've found that belonging to the Lounge has been a very expensive experience.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
This quote applies to much more than just shoes. I've found that belonging to the Lounge has been a very expensive experience.

Very well stated, but with the expense also comes the quality and "style" well worth the price tag! lol! And that extends to everything I personally wear and have learned along the road of life, as well as learning even more being "here" on the lounge.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Somehow after that Nettleton purchase I don't think your missus and I will be new best friends...ggggrrr...

Well, she seems to be finding me some nice deals all the same, these are some rather "smart" looking Scholl brand, some snazzy work on the waist area of the sole, screaming 1950' or maybe newer, will have to give them a better review but I sure like how they look.....(almost like the Nettletons).......

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Yes I think they will be really great, and a nice addition to the gang. I've already been in some deep thinking as to what blue suits I have that I can get away with wearing these with.

fashion frank

One Too Many
The Before And After

These are a pair of shoes that I thrifted a while back .

DSCN1640_zps6fbd1c40.jpg

DSCN1650_zps7cc39124.jpg

They didn't look that great , but after a good saddle soaping and then a good spit shine treatment they now look brand
new.
DSCN1689_zps34e44003.jpg

DSCN1690_zps40309d3f.jpg

DSCN1691_zpsc7f82439.jpg

DSCN1692_zps7c019533.jpg

I swear I get some of the best quality stuff by thrifting and it saves me a ton.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

Monte

Practically Family
Hey Frank, those look pretty much like the matching burgundy and black pairs I posted on here a while back....dirt cheap and the black pair was worn once or twice judging from the wear on the leather soles. Gotta love Goodwill!

fashion frank

One Too Many
I hear Ya Brother !

Hey Frank, those look pretty much like the matching burgundy and black pairs I posted on here a while back....dirt cheap and the black pair was worn once or twice judging from the wear on the leather soles. Gotta love Goodwill!

Hey Monty how's it going ?

I hear ya brother ,the thrifted stuff that I buy has too be in somewhat decent shape or I wont bite but that
being said ,most of the vintage stuff that I find like overcoats and shoes are in fact better made than the
"made in china " crap that's out there today .

Keep hunting my friend .:eusa_clap

Monte

Practically Family
Hey Monty how's it going ?

I hear ya brother ,the thrifted stuff that I buy has too be in somewhat decent shape or I wont bite but that
being said ,most of the vintage stuff that I find like overcoats and shoes are in fact better made than the
"made in china " crap that's out there today .

Keep hunting my friend .:eusa_clap

Hey. Those oxfords are essential in my closet, bro. I'm guessing the New England area is insane with antiques and the like since settlement there goes back so far! Always has been an interest of mine. If I see vintage stores on vacation I'm yelling, "Let's stop! There might be old coats and hats in there!" haha
Later frank.
Monte "Goodwill Hunting" Haha

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Hey Circuit Rider nice looking pair of shoes .
I gotta get a "proper" looking set like your's .

Did you thrift them or are they new cause they sure look it ?

Thrift, of course! Very comfortable for leather soles. The bottom part was scuffed so I made two-tones out of them...fairly easy to do with right kind of dye (Lincoln)Find a lot of stuff this time of year probably because of tax write-offs for donations. Found several nice hats recently...probably all same person's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe