Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your SHOES !!!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The hate quotient just went into orbit....I was wondering who snapped those upp grrrr. I would want to think they are 40s but I am sure they are later but not too late with those mild spade soles.

A shoe tragic male whose wife organizes grail purchases for him to raise his spirits....truly you are blessed Sir! The reality for the rest of us is another matter....:eeek:

Thank you so kindly for your wonderful comments.

You should stay glued to the computer for the next few days....my Wife tells me she was looking at a bunch of nice items all over on line, etsy, goodwill, some other one can't think of the name, maybe BO nanza? LOL!

Isshi has some fantastic shoes for sale, but I think he has hidden the ones I really want, I know he has a pair sneaking around somewhere.....I will have to send him a box of chocolates or maybe some well aged Scotch to get him primed up for a sale! lol!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Thank you so kindly for your wonderful comments.

You should stay glued to the computer for the next few days....my Wife tells me she was looking at a bunch of nice items all over on line, etsy, goodwill, some other one can't think of the name, maybe BO nanza? LOL!

Isshi has some fantastic shoes for sale, but I think he has hidden the ones I really want, I know he has a pair sneaking around somewhere.....I will have to send him a box of chocolates or maybe some well aged Scotch to get him primed up for a sale! lol!

He is is no soft touch...LOL!

I have always been fond of that almost reddish brown some vintage shoes have.
Never a truer word. I have just recoloured a pair of Ralph Lauren double monks that were a British tan with brown and they have come (after polishing with Angelus Mahogany=Cordovan wax) out with a beautiful vintage reddish brown colour. There has been a bit of the tan still bleeding through and maybe they might need more dye on the vamp/flap but the toes and heels look like some fancy Italian antiquing.

Last edited:

Dreamofgilgamesh

A-List Customer
Here's my new shoes, with many thanks to Mr Badger for tipping me off to them,,,

CorespondentShoes.jpg

Heres where I got them from,,

http://tinyurl.com/cbhtxkz

Admittedly, they're not the highest quality shoes money can buy, but for 30 squids I think they look jolly good.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I agree, for the money those beat many low budget shoes, and have real leather soles. Hard to beat that deal! Nice looking to boot!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I bought a pair of 1940s Norwegians by Supreme from Issh in December. They were lost in transit and I never expected to hold them in my hands. But yesterday, after six weeks and a complaint filed by Issh, they were delivered to my neighbor. I picked them up today and they fit perfectly. I'm happy as a lark!

IMG_1139.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I bought a pair of 1940s Norwegians by Supreme from Issh in December. They were lost in transit and I never expected to hold them in my hands. But yesterday, after six weeks and a complaint filed by Issh, they were delivered to my neighbor. I picked them up today and they fit perfectly. I'm happy as a lark!

IMG_1139.jpg

I have had the occasional episode. The best was Austria instead of Australia!

Foxer55

A-List Customer
This is a pair of Bostonian Mowats I just got. Also have a black pair exactly like this. They are great shoes for a business suit and for work because they aren't terribly expensive ($100 typ) but are dressy enough without being overdone. Kind of boring actually but that's good because I work in a very executive environment but need to keep in the background. Sometimes wind up back in the field or shop or lab for brief episodes and wouldn't care to wear my Florsheim Cords in most of those places. These shoes are comfortable and take a nice shine but haven't worked on these yet. It is damned hard to find tan colored shoes to match khaki suits and these were about as close as I could come without blowing the budget.

JimsMowats_zpsf60a5a70.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
I bought a pair of Moreschi shoes for 20$ today, I was a bit surprised when I later googled the name and found out the regular prices for the shoes :D. I guess these are pretty decent, at least they weren't expensive and don't show too much of wear, expect the soles.

Moreschi_zps01896058.jpg

MoreschiIII_zpsf4f2713b.jpg

MoreschiII_zps52296067.jpg

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I bought a pair of Moreschi shoes for 20$ today, I was a bit surprised when I later googled the name and found out the regular prices for the shoes :D. I guess these are pretty decent, at least they weren't expensive and don't show too much of wear, expect the soles.

Moreschi_zps01896058.jpg

MoreschiIII_zpsf4f2713b.jpg

MoreschiII_zps52296067.jpg

Moreschi has many shoes they make with more "handmade" sewing then most modern Italian shoes, They have always been "up there" in quality and price as well. The shoes you picture are really nice, put come conditioner on them and then slap a few coats of polish and they will look really very nice!

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Good advices, I shall ask a person I know about good cobblers in my area. The only concern for me is that the soles become a bit too thick for my taste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe