Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations Faythe! Yipppeeeee:)

Sari, I'm sure that dress will look lovely on you.

I won this on ebay last night

I went on a bit of a shopping spree yesterday. Bought an incredible butter yellow long dress from the early 30's with a matching coat. A black dress with embroidery from around 1905 and a few other things. I will take pictures soon.

Tinseltown

A-List Customer
Daisy Buchanan said:
Congratulations Faythe! Yipppeeeee:)

Sari, I'm sure that dress will look lovely on you.

I won this on ebay last night

I went on a bit of a shopping spree yesterday. Bought an incredible butter yellow long dress from the early 30's with a matching coat. A black dress with embroidery from around 1905 and a few other things. I will take pictures soon.
What search words do you sue to find books like that?

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Here are some of my purcheses:

Nifty mid thirties cotton floral day dress ( worn with straw cloche and brown lizard and leather spectator shoes from the 1930's)

IMG_0521.jpg

1940's red straw woven bag, the top is is Bakelite studded with pearls and rhinestones

IMG_0532.jpg

Bunch o' cherries corsage pin from the 1930's

IMG_0536.jpg

Rosie

One Too Many
I've been busy buying home items but, I did manage to get this:

itemq353.jpg

and a BEAUTIFUL cream and gold dress swing coat from the '50s which I'll have to take a pic of because the seller removed her's already. I'm working on three dresses now, I'll let you all know the outcome later in the week.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
hat

This was my first online purchase, came yesterday. Still waiting for the suit and I got a dress too. And getting the goodies from the bay is actually cheaper than if I would have found something in the era and size that I wanted from the vintage shops. lol

hat.jpg

marquise

Familiar Face
LadyStardust: I wanted that dress so bad, but ended rationalizing because summer weather's just over the hill!

My Newest:
fb38_1.JPG

Rayon early 40s. The waist has some fabulous ruching. I've got a huge thing for '30s plaids going on, buying like there's no tomorrow.
And--
30sstripe1.jpg

'30s with lots of red bakelite. Scrumptious!
And even better; bought by my boyfriend. ;)

G

GoldLeaf

Lauren,

Such lovely patterns! ::wistful sigh::

So, I decided to take the plunge and buy a hat. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive to see if I can figure it out :D I like this simple style, to start out with. However there is a hat I am watching that I just love over on the Bay right now. The crown of the hat is embroidered flowers that match a hankerchief my great-grandmother made. I would just love to have the hat to match :)

blackhattk5.jpg

blackhat1ach5.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe