Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
3ab8_1.JPG

1940's- I seem to be going mad, adding lots of earthy tones to my wardrobe, just as the season for brightness and gaiety is just around the corner! :eek: :p
7287_1_b.JPG

Edwardian
A nice cleaning will do them good, and I think they're nice, smart shoes.

G

GoldLeaf

Oh! I have such a weakness for suits and that one is drool worthy! You will look so dapper! :eusa_clap

G

GoldLeaf

I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw those shoes! Wow! :eusa_clap

I would really like a pair of shoes more like that than pumps. What are they called? Oxfords?

Shearer

Practically Family
You know, the eBay seller said they were actually '50s but they're such a great colour and style you could wear them with anything.

Can you believe there was only one other bidder, and that one in Germany? I thought for sure I would lose that auction! It was definitely a good catch.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yippeeeeee!!!! I won these very cool (at least I think they are) vintage finger wave clips, complete with the original direction's on how to use them and a booklet of original hairstyles. I must admit I took advantage of a sniper for this one, I couldn't risk losing them due to a slow connection. It worked and I'm very happy, especially since there were 20 bids on them!
I'm so thrilled that I won these, although I'm a bit miffed about what I paid for them. But, they are hard to come by, especially with the original directions. I have so much trouble doing fingerwaves, and just ordered the Ryler Stylers shown in another thread, but I couldn't pass up the chance to have a real set of clips.

I also won this cute little dress. It's gonna need some alterations, but I'm in need of day dresses, they seem to be very hard to come by these days. Although if anybody is in need of a formal vintage gown, there are a lot on ebay right now.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh Daisy! I'm so glad for you! I was watching those very same clips, hoping in vain the price might stay relatively low, but it was just not meant to be! I'm happy they went to a FL member though! You'll have to post pictures once you try them! :) :eusa_clap

Shearer

Practically Family
GoldLeaf said:
I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw those shoes! Wow! :eusa_clap

I would really like a pair of shoes more like that than pumps. What are they called? Oxfords?

Sorry, GoldLeaf, didn't meanto ignore your question yesterday! They were actually listed as specs, but they do look like some sort of Oxford. The label inside is Town & Country.

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
Pigeon Toe....the last thing I remember is seeing those fabulous shoes five minutes ago and then I came to on the floor.......lol

Those are soooooooo awesome

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree, those are be-u-ti-ful!!!! Congrats on such a great win:)

I'm especially jealous too, I spent two hours in a vintage shoppe today trying on pair after pair of the most wonderful vintage 30's and 40's shoes. He had everything from spectators to platform peep toes, every pair was like a dream. NOT ONE PAIR FIT!!!!! ARGHH!! And now I see that you have won an incredible pair of vintage T-straps!!! Oh the frustration!!! But really, I'm glad that someone here got a wonderful pair of shoes today:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe