Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eleanor Marie said:
Don't you think she might start to cotton on if you spend all your money buying the whole shop?! ;)

Not at all, lucky for me, although she is a sweetheart, she is utterly clueless!! The only thing she won't do is call me when she gets new things in that are to my likings and in my size. But, I have two things going for me. One is that I am one of only a handful of customers who buy vintage because I like vintage. Most of her customers buy vintage but don't realize what they are getting and most of them gravitate towards the fifties and later for some reason. The other is that she is five minutes away from my house, so it's easy to drop in a few times a week, although I'm trying to cut back!

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Silver Brocade Edwardian Shoes with rhinestone button

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Daisy, I LOVE the corselette. I've been dying to get my hands on one for ages. I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Also -- you're new avatar is too cute!

Daisy Buchanan

pigeon toe said:
Daisy, I LOVE the corselette. I've been dying to get my hands on one for ages. I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed!

Also -- you're new avatar is too cute!
Thank you so much pigeon toe:) I appreciate all of your compliments.
I couldn't believe I found that corselette. Actually, I was in a vintage shoppe on Saturday morning and didn't see it. When I dropped by the same shoppe later in the day I happened to look at a rack in the back of the store that usually only has gowns that are in pretty bad shape, so I usually avoid it. I took a gander while waiting for Hemingway Jones to finish buying his new tux, and stumbled across the corselette and bra. I was so thrilled. The bra fits as if it was made for me. The corselette is actually too big, but easy to take in at the side seems. I also got a beautiful pair of peach silk pajamas. The top is an empire tank with a tie just below the bust and lace trim. The pants are high waisted and wide legged. They are the softest silk I have ever felt. I'll take a picture tomorrow. Can't believe I forgot I bought them!
Thanks again:) It's nice to have lady friends who are as passionate about vintage as I am.

Daisy Buchanan

Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Daisy, now I *know* you're overspending if you think Cafe Society is cheap! You need to cut back, girl!
She's actually not too bad. I think she might have dropped her prices a bit. If I order something on line from a store that's less expensive, usually by the time I pay for shipping I'm at the same price as Cafe Society. Also, she's one of the few vintage shoppes in the area, and in comparison to Bobby's she's got a better selection (his stuff is all really tiny) and better prices. OOna's in Harvard Square is good sometimes, but she doesn't often have things from the forties and earlier:( Although the things I have gotten from her, I got for a steal! I've never found anything at The Garment District, and the few dresses I have seen there from the era's I like have been in pretty bad shape:(

I just won this adorable outfit on the bay. I went over my spending limit on this one, but had to have it. I love the color, the style, and it looks like it's in pretty good shape. The hat and the pin aren't included:(

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
My haul from a day of thiftin':

C1920's-1930's Art Deco brooch, $1.99 at Goodwill
IMG_0506.jpg

C. 1930's-1940's Bag with art deco designs and lucite handles $5.00
IMG_0501.jpg

C. 1940's Brown cobra pocketbook $12.00
IMG_0508.jpg

C. 1920's-1930's Dress clip $2.00
IMG_0512.jpg

Cameo necklace, not sure of the date on this, but from the some grouping as the deco pieces.
IMG_0504.jpg

Nifty 1950's Navy blue bag- 1.99
IMG_0502.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ladies, I tell you, there is NOTHING better than coming home from an evening of watching Citizen Kane at the lovely classic cinema, and finding out you have, in fact, WON the very dress you've been coveting for A-G-E-S! :D
1a56_12.JPG

My first ever full Edwardian ensemble, too! I'm on cloud nine! :D :D :D

Daisy Buchanan

Wow Ladystardust that is magnificent! I'm so jealous. Edwardian dresses and outfits seem to be the most difficult to find, in comparison to other eras. It's my favorite era to collect. I've been collecting patterns and talked to a few professional seamstresses about having them made, but their prices are outrageous. One day I will splurge. This dress you have won is one the most beautiful and elegant I have seen come up for auction. I'm sure you will look stunning in it:)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:
I just received this dress in the mail--the color combination is quite striking in person:

3tone40sdress003.jpg

Jitterbug you are just gonna have to post some pics of you in this gorgeous dress,......I insist!!!!:) :) It is so lovely!!!!!

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Awwww.... so many beautifull items make my heart skip a beat *sigh*

Well here is what I bought:

Delineator magazine 1:

6be8_1.JPG

780d_1.JPG

850c_1.JPG

913a_1.JPG

No 2:

2784_1.JPG

32d1_1.JPG

3c95_1.JPG

4559_1.JPG

Pattern:

9219_1.JPG

I cut down my ebay-actions since I´m saving for a little vacation in Sweden right now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe