Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Eleanor Marie that is a beautiful gown. You'll have to take pictures of when you where it.

Sari, your new coat is beautiful too, really lovely:)

I had a productive vintage shopping weekend. I got: a beautiful floor length black beaded Edwardian dress in perfect condition with the original built in corset, and it's only missing one hook and eye closure. A late 40's black satin swing dress with a decorative black bow and a ribbon waist. A 40's lace and satin bra and a lace and satin corselette from the same era. 5 pairs FF seamed stockings in nude, and 3 pairs black, they were definitely the bargain of the day at $3 a pair! And a beautiful Mexican silver flower brooch that is so intricate in design and detail, and is also in wonderful condition. A Victorian era black short cape with bow and ribbon detail in a very soft wool, also in mint condition. And finally 2 pair of vintage black stockings. I think they are from the early 20's. One pair is striped. The other has intricate floral design weaved throughout. I'm not sure if I will ever wear them for they are like pieces of art. I don't think either were ever worn, whoever owned them certainly cared well for them.
I'm very happy with all of my purchases, but really love the Edwardian dress. I got it for a song, although I know it's worth a lot more than that and it fit's as if made for me. Although the corset built into it is really tight, tighter than any I"ve ever worn before. But, if worse comes to worse, I can always wear the dress and leave the corset un-hooked. One can't notice that it is undone when I wear it this way. I'll post pictures of all my buys as soon as my camera battery is charged completely.
Yippee, I'm on a role, I'm gonna go search ebay right now while my luck is still running high!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Ok, I'm kind of annoyed because the seller of these first two takes the most unflattering pictures of his wares EVER:rage: , and you really have to have a discerning eye, and/or go with your gut feeling. That said, the following two are from the same:
b2a4_1_b.JPG

1930's
b356_1_b.JPG

1920's

And this following is new, but old-fashioned, and really I think too cute not to share.
3664_1_sbl.JPG

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Sooooo cute Lady Stardust, I love your 1930's items!!

Here are some things I bouhgt on Ebay:

http://users.zoominternet.net/~blasdell/20107/17313.jpg
Bakelite Scotty pins

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
1920's black silk dress

http://thmb.inkfrog.com/thumbn/oldbarnstuff/topgreenfronside.JPG=650
The new favorite hat in my collection, the most fab hat I have ever seen.

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...4046002,34046003&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0
Late 1940's flying saucer hat

Daisy Buchanan

Eleanor Marie said:
Thanks Daisy - I will post pics when I wear it. Your avatar picture is nice, by the way!:)

Thank You Eleanor Marie:)

Lady Stardust, I know what you mean about sellers pictures. But what you purchased sure looks cute. The second dress looks like it is very interesting. When you get it, you should post more:) I love the sweater.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Oh Daisy, I MUST see your new edwardian gown when you can, please!!
Nicoletta, that green hat IS to die for, wow!

Nikki

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Wow

Ladies your stuff is great. My husband has put a spending amnesty on me after I spent money on my glasses which he hates, and my dress. I will have to wait a while before I find more stuff.... sigh...:mad:

Kim_B

Practically Family
Aw, Eleanor Marie, I'm sorry your hubby has put your spending on hold! Don't feel bad though - I've put myself on hold too - we can suffer together!

Daisy Buchanan

Here are some pictures of my weekend purchases.
Anything that is black is a true deep black, they just look lighter because I had to lighten the pictures in an attempt to show detail. Black is just so hard to photograph.

Victorian cape:

Black beaded Edwardian dress:

Black satin swing dress:

Corselette:

Bra:

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Thanks very much, Ladydewinter! I fought to the death for that hat, and paid a pretty penny too, but in the end it was totally worth it!!

Daisey.....your dresses are ausome!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Thank you Daisy & Nicoletta, and anyone in the past who has been so kind. It really is so thrilling to have your purchases appreciated by such amazingly dressed ladies!

Daisy, I will try to take pictures of the dresses on when I recieve them, though I'm not sure how well that will turn out, as I don't have a camera stand, so full length might be awkward, but I'll try to manage. I'm interested in seeing how the lilac one will turn out also, I hope it will be flattering. Also, I LOVE all your purchases, you have an eye for perfection!! :) :)

Daisy Buchanan

Thanks eleanor Marie:)
I found them all at a local vintage shoppe here in Boston called Cafe Society. She always has lots of great vintage things for ladies, and being that she is completely unaware of ebay, she has no idea of pricing. So, most of her things are incredibly under valued, which is fine with me!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe