Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
3109_66469144163_624014163_1655840_4316623_n.jpg
This is so beautiful! Any pics of the inside?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
LadyStardust said:
KittyT, such a shame about the size! Is it possible there are other retailers who carry the same suit in a different size? I really hope you're able to find one that'll fit you, it really is such a wonderful suit! :)

The retailers carrying that suit are closeout retailers, so they have whatever sizes are shipped to them. Usually, I'll see only one or two in a store, if any.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just picked up these shoes in black from Kohl's for $16.50! I sure hope they fit! I have such a horrible time finding good, cute black flats.

379602_Brown

PS

A-List Customer
l81-2.jpg

With summer approaching I thought it time to get a nice silky nightgown.

PS

A-List Customer
Is vintage, I found it on Ebay.
The seller is janiesofmiami
She has a few others for sale!

Inky

One Too Many
*martini*time* said:
tiki_-_leopard_-_11-28-8.jpg

Just picked these up! Can't wait to wear them with a certain pair of jeans that are coming in the mail!

Oh, those will be fabulous with them! I have those shoes in a limited edition Trophy Queen pink glitter vinyl with leopard trim and a carved V8 symbol - purrrrfect for car shows! They are surprisingly comfy!

clearly we have the same tastes, haha!

Inky

One Too Many
Reliving my childhood!

okay, this is a bit of a silly purchase, but it was less than $5US, so I don't mind too much.

I remembered the other day when seeing someone walking a pair of scotty dogs, one black and one white, that I had a little pin of two dogs when i was a little girl. I used to love pins and would pin them along my skirt hem or down a sleeve when i was very small (I was born in 1960 - brooches and pins were very popular in my mom's "off-limits" jewelry box when i was growing up!).

So I got to thinking about that little pin and wondering where it went...a little google-fu and lo and behold there were several on ebay. Now there's one back in my own jewelry box!

You can relive your youth :D

3525715120_075d8dff9a_o.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
okay, this is a bit of a silly purchase, but it was less than $5US, so I don't mind too much.

I remembered the other day when seeing someone walking a pair of scotty dogs, one black and one white, that I had a little pin of two dogs when i was a little girl. I used to love pins and would pin them along my skirt hem or down a sleeve when i was very small (I was born in 1960 - brooches and pins were very popular in my mom's "off-limits" jewelry box when i was growing up!).

So I got to thinking about that little pin and wondering where it went...a little google-fu and lo and behold there were several on ebay. Now there's one back in my own jewelry box!

You can relive your youth :D

3525715120_075d8dff9a_o.jpg

Inky, this is such a sweet story. I'm so glad you found these!

cecil

A-List Customer
LD that set is awesome!

Well i'm just so excited. Window shopping on ebay with same search parameters as usual (Black dress, 40s), never expecting to find anything that I liked and that would fit that I could also afford. But I did! I'm not sure if it's even original and it's definitely not in the best condition, but I like it, it's my size and now it's mine. WHEEEEE. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370198561348

P

Paul

Lady Day said:
!BR71CjQCGk~$(KGrHgoH-DoEjlLlw14UBK!jnveV3!~~_1.JPG

A swell set if ration books. Seeing some at the Fort MacArthur picnic inspired me :)

LD

I know this sounds stupid of me , I did not know you had ration books. I have seen loads on the web about the UK and ration books / clothing coupon nothing about the USA .
Any how a great find as I bet most people destroyed there book after rationing ended as a celebration .

You learn something every day:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe