Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
In my search for the perfect one-piece swimsuit, I picked up this Juicy Couture beauty in navy.

d8ce_1.JPG

I'm not really sure it works for me though and am debating letting it make an appearance in the Classifieds.

I also picked up this Jantzen, but black with white and grey polka dots. It has a tie back and halter strap similar to the Victoria's Secret Carmen Marc Valvo suit. Again, not sure it really fits me that great, so I may sell.

jantzendotvamp.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Inky said:
Thanks Kitty - that's helpful! Sadly, the blouse did not fit and the measurements were totally off in what the listing said - now trying to get my money back.

I'm sorry to hear, it's a lovely blouse! All the tucks on that blouse remind me of a white vintage one with huge sleeves that was my grandmother's. I have a hard time abiding the sleeves though, so I've never worn it. I also have a simple button up one that was navy and I dyed it black. For the record, these blouses dye well!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
where did you fid this??

Hello KittyT, where did you find this white with dots Jantzen? It looks very Esther Williams 40s, especially if it had shoulder ties.

KittyT said:
I also picked up this Jantzen, but black with white and grey polka dots. It has a tie back and halter strap similar to the Victoria's Secret Carmen Marc Valvo suit. Again, not sure it really fits me that great, so I may sell.

jantzendotvamp.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
Hello KittyT, where did you find this white with dots Jantzen? It looks very Esther Williams 40s, especially if it had shoulder ties.

Several discount stores like Marshall's and TJ Maxx have them now but they are flying off the shelves and are extremely hard to find. You can find them on Ebay (not the white ones though, just the black ones) but they are still quite pricey. This exact same suit in solid colors is available anywhere Jantzen is sold, including Macy's, and retails for $100 or more.

It's a Jantzen, which would explain why it has that true vintage look. Jantzen has been reviving many of their classic 40s and 50s styles over the past few years.

TessTrueheart

Miss Golightly said:
Thanks Tess - I love the mustard colour of the dress - one of my favourite colours!

Mustard is a lovely colour, I can't wear it though, I look dead in it:) But I do have a mustard coloured bag that I use all the time!

vampygirl13

One of the Regulars
Just got this dress from Ebay (I got the black)
index.bvi
sorry for the link---can get the pic to work.

And this one too for fun

f099fc2e9f60fcaa49a523627e478ca5.jpg

Pretty good deal just hope they look cute on!

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
KittyT said:
In my search for the perfect one-piece swimsuit, I picked up this Juicy Couture beauty in navy.

d8ce_1.JPG

I'm not really sure it works for me though and am debating letting it make an appearance in the Classifieds.

jantzendotvamp.jpg

Those are so cute KittyT. I need to add swimsuit to my wishlist.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
vampygirl13 said:
Just got this dress from Ebay (I got the black)
index.bvi
sorry for the link---can get the pic to work.

And this one too for fun

f099fc2e9f60fcaa49a523627e478ca5.jpg

Pretty good deal just hope they look cute on!

That last dress is so fun and exactly what I've been looking for to wear for family pics. Unfortunately,I no longer have an ebay account (never used it)and they have a maximum feedback requirement for that one.
I think I'll see what I can find at Target.

cecil

A-List Customer
KittyT said:
It's a Jantzen, which would explain why it has that true vintage look. Jantzen has been reviving many of their classic 40s and 50s styles over the past few years.

My grandmother modelled for Jantzen in the 50s and the suits were very similar to the one you posted :)

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ahem...

chanteuseCarey said:
... three ladies I've met that have written two booklets on vintage and deco dressing for our local Art Deco Society. I'll check with them too. If anyone would know an answer of what to wear under a vintage sheer blouse these gals would...

Well, yes, I would, being one of those three ladies!

And gals, you can buy our booklets on their website if you like - it's a fundraiser for the ADSC. www.artdecosociety.org.

This blouse is nylon, therefore it is post WWII, although there were silk and cotton organdy ones like that before WWII (but hell to launder). You do need a full slip or camisole, and hopefully one with nice wide straps to cover the bra straps if you're a bra girl.

I think a plain slip would be better than a fancy one too, let the blouse be the detail.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
These booklets are terrific btw...

as I've got them both! Miss 1929 and the other two ladies really know their vintage stuff... (end of commercial;) )

Miss 1929 said:
Well, yes, I would, being one of those three ladies!

And gals, you can buy our booklets on their website if you like - it's a fundraiser for the ADSC. www.artdecosociety.org.

This blouse is nylon, therefore it is post WWII, although there were silk and cotton organdy ones like that before WWII (but hell to launder). You do need a full slip or camisole, and hopefully one with nice wide straps to cover the bra straps if you're a bra girl.

I think a plain slip would be better than a fancy one too, let the blouse be the detail.

LadyStardust

Practically Family

This is adorable, KittyT, what a great buy! :)

I'm on a massive shoe kick lately, and here's my latest catch.
67dd_1.JPG

69b8_1.JPG

I honestly can't even believe I got them, because I thought there would be a million bids on them. Sure the starting price was a bit steep, but considering they're relatively rare, in excellent condition, etc. I was expecting them to go for a LOT more. I've seen much worse footwear go for more, so the situation is confusing, but eh.

ZuckerBaby

New in Town
KittyT said:

Both of those are so nice! I'm currently looking into making a one piece for the summer, something very similar to this style, but as of right now, its just an idea in my head. I have a fun floral fabric I'm going to use...

LadyStardust said:
This is adorable, KittyT, what a great buy! :)

I'm on a massive shoe kick lately, and here's my latest catch.
67dd_1.JPG

69b8_1.JPG

I honestly can't even believe I got them, because I thought there would be a million bids on them. Sure the starting price was a bit steep, but considering they're relatively rare, in excellent condition, etc. I was expecting them to go for a LOT more. I've seen much worse footwear go for more, so the situation is confusing, but eh.

Those are wonderful! I have never seen anything like them before. Congrats!

Mary

Practically Family
Todays miracle!

Love them kedettes! Today I got hold of these prestine beauties! I think they are 40's, am I right?!

Sorry about the suit Kitty T.

2009_0510palett0024.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Mary said:
Love them kedettes! Today I got hold of these prestine beauties! I think they are 40's, am I right?!

Sorry about the suit Kitty T.

2009_0510palett0024.jpg

Aw, thanks Mary & Cherry Red, so nice! :)

Mary, those shoes are absolutely fantastic! It's so hard to find that perfect white vintage pump, but I do believe you've accomplished that feat! They're gorgeous! :)

KittyT, such a shame about the size! Is it possible there are other retailers who carry the same suit in a different size? I really hope you're able to find one that'll fit you, it really is such a wonderful suit! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe