Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
goldwyn girl - your dress is absolutely killer. May I ask the purchase price?

Pattygoody - congrads on your first vintage purchase and welcome to the drain on your wallet that is known as vintage clothing buying. ;)

Vintage Betty

pattygoody

New in Town
Vintage Betty said:
goldwyn girl - your dress is absolutely killer. May I ask the purchase price?

Pattygoody - congrads on your first vintage purchase and welcome to the drain on your wallet that is known as vintage clothing buying. ;)

Vintage Betty

Thank you, Vintage Betty! I am crossing my fingers that this dress fits me properly! LOL The dress was only 60.00, LOL, but I figure that's less than some new things on the market today and it comes with priceless history and it's exciting to know that some other woman who lived back in those days wore this...I will wonder what she looked like, what she was like...yada yada!! ;)

Yes, I think my wallet is going to be draining! :eek:

pattygoody

New in Town
goldwyn girl said:
I just won this cutie.

asiand0.jpg

Love it! Is it 40's or 50's?? So pretty!!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by leaette
that would look great with a black wiggle dress and a big beehive hairdo
(A small nondescript man enters the room, hat in hand. Nervously, he clears his throat. The Ladies in the room pause in their conversation and look at him curiously...)

" Er...I, um, I know...this is the Powder Room but I have a question:

I just purchased a Stratoliner Hatbox on ebay a couple of days ago. The seller also had a 50's black wiggle dress and an early edition of Winnie the Pooh on sale so I asked her to just ship them with the hatbox.

Obviously I won't wear a black wiggle dress. :eek: (blush)

So, :drum:, should I post this in Classifieds?

Would it, ummmh, be an item of interest to any of the Ladies of the Lounge?" :eusa_doh: (He's beginning to perspire...)
(Greeted by stares and silence, he....sheepishly retreats from the room, never to be seen again.)

ShortClara

One Too Many
Goldwyn Girl, you and I have such similar tastes I think - I drool over everything you buy and wear! Fabulous!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
But before he can leave, he feels a tap on his shoulder.

"Mr. Carter" purrs a quiet voice, "I'd be very interested in that black dress of yours".

He quickly turns around, and meets Vintage Betty.
She's shorter than he realized. She reaches into her clutch, and pulls out a matchbook. With a small bridge pencil in her hand, she quickly writes her name in the matchbook with the words "PM me".

And before she leaves, she whispers to him, I promise to be very very good to that dress."

With that, she smiles coyly, gives him a little tilt of the head, and walks back to the ladies, in her stilettos that reek of a time past, but not forgotten.

katylouise

New in Town
Sorry for the disjointed pictures, I'm not too handy with the self-timer. But here is my gorgeous hand-made dress I found for $5 (!!) at a thrift store. The beading needs a bit of loving restoration, but it's the most beautiful flame color and it is otherwise in exquisite condition. And it fits me like a glove!

clothes7.jpg

clothes8.jpg

clothes10.jpg

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe