Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The Mister and I are coming up on our first anniversary. We decided to purchase a joint gift for each other, so this is what we got:

rosetteclock.jpg

Traditional first anniversary gift is paper, modern is a clock. (I've made him something with paper.)

We used a gift card we received, and paid less than $5 out of pocket. I'm really excited to get it (it's on order now)!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Did anybody here win this beauty from Dorothea's Closet on ebay? The only reason I'm not bitter about getting it is the cost (the suit is worth the price, I just don't have that kind of money for clothes right now).

100_3623.jpg

I ADORE this 1950's dress at her shop too (isn't that a mouthwatering green?), but $375 is too rich for my blood.

100_6533.jpg

100_6544.jpg

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ladies! All this stuff is great! I must say it's wonderful to see all of the goodies you ladies are picking up! It's almost as good as shopping myself! But much easier on my pocketbook.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
I went thriftshopping last saturday and found these two pairs of knit gloves among the linens and knick-knacks!

The sparkly gold ones go over the elbows to mid upper-arm and the white just to my elbows. My fingers and hands are longish and its tougher to find vintage gloves that fit, but I got lucky since the off-white pair is nearly the right size though still a wee bit short in the finger, and the gold is a very stretchy knit synthetic. I'm not sure if the gold are vintage or modern- never seen any quite like them before. The cursive typeface detailing the cutesy brand label "Hand Treat" on the plastic looks sort of 60s-ish, but I'm no expert. Very fun in any case! :)

DSCF0014.jpg

I wonder, has anyone ever tried dyeing vintage gloves? Thinking about having a go with the white ones, which have very mild stainage in a few areas... How can one tell if the knit material is a cotton/dyable blend or a synthetic without a burn test?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
JupitersDarling said:
I wonder, has anyone ever tried dyeing vintage gloves? Thinking about having a go with the white ones, which have very mild stainage in a few areas... How can one tell if the knit material is a cotton/dyable blend or a synthetic without a burn test?

Ooh, I love gloves! I've dyed mildly stained ones in the past with some success. I spot clean the dirty spots and then use good old Rit dye. If there's a generous hem at the wrist I'll cut a bit and test the dye on that before doing the whole glove. Good luck if you try it yourself.

artful dodgette

One of the Regulars
zaika said:
ImOldFashioned...thank you!
Ohhh....I know. I'm already shopping for the next one...but I'm forced to be patient which is a blessing in disguise! Now I can have money to, you know, pay bills and stuff. hehe.

i was bidding on those too! im so glad they went to someone on here! x

leaette

A-List Customer
jupitersdarling: i LOVE those gold gloves. that would look great with a black wiggle dress and a big beehive hairdo. don't forget that big diamond bracelet too.

i have long fingers too and i hardly ever find gloves that fit me. didn't women of the past have long fingers? did they all have short petite fingers? doesn't make sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe