Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
This would be the ultimate for me, a modern store, where you can find all these styles in! It's been hard, every once in awhile, I'll find a vintage inspired outfit or shirt, but for now, I'm more having to look into having a lot of the outfits made

decodoll

Practically Family
I love the print on that dress, Jitterbugdoll! I'd seen that one too. That seller has the best things. And what a steal with the necklace!

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
Love, love love the pants. I would kill for that pattern. I don't have any money to be buyin up such lovely items like you ladies, but just you wait ;) And by the way, does anyone know where someone like me, who never vintage shops, could find out what are good prices and good things to look for?

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Selling things on Ebay=Buying new things from sellers who take Paypal, right? :p
Bought a few pairs of shoes! Here's hoping they'll fit. These I got for the Queen Mary for one of my evening gowns:
6872a.jpg

And these just cause they're cute and remind me of something Ruby Keeler would wear:
6624.JPG

BTW, everyone should go check out Vintage Martini cause they're having a sale :) http://www.vintagemartini.com/index.html

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Lauren, those shoes are beautiful! :eusa_clap
I just went shopping a little today and finally found a floppy straw hat for everyday outside wear.....when I get ahold of the misters digital camera, I'll take a pic ;)

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow Lauren those shoes are great. I hope they are as comfortable as they are cute. But, I know that I'd rather suffer all day in an uncomfortable pair that are great looking, rather than wear comfy and ugly.
I can't believe you already have some QM outfits together. I better get my act together, time's a wasten.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BTW, everyone should go check out Vintage Martini cause they're having a sale :) http://www.vintagemartini.com/index.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link, I forgot how great there selection is. But then again I usually try to forget about them because of their prices. I did get all excited when I saw you mention they were having a sale. Unfortunately most of the things I just love are still way over my unemployed budget!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
But the shes are all an additional 50% off :p Yeah, I shouldn't have bought these either, but they were yelling at me, and I had some paypal money to burn :)
Thanks, gals! Yeah, I have the QM outfits in my head... but not all really put together yet! I need to make 1 evening gown and 1 suit, and maybe a shirt... and maybe a pair of pjs... and find some accessories... and I'm good to go :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Lauren... You are so lucky to find vintage shoes that fit you! I always feel like the ugly step sisters from Cinderella. Either my foot is too long for the shoe or it is too fat and wide. :(

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
lol I was almost impressed with your sense of taste Marc
Even more reason boys are not allowed!
I've got the pajama outfit, now I've just got to find some cute slippers to go with....thanks Lauren for mentioning Target....the pajamas I found are VERY vintage looking

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I haven't taken any pics of my recent purchases yet.
Took a trip to Bon Ton ( my fave) and found a late 30s or possibly early 40s black afternoon dress complete with belt and bolero,a 1940s Red Cross Volunteer Nurse's Aid uniform(found a pic of the uniform in a 1940s fashion mag I had at home,otherwise I would have never been able to identify it),and a 1950s black lace mermaid style Lilli Diamond cocktail dress.

decodoll

Practically Family
What pretty shoes, Lauren. :) I really need to get going on the QM outfits! I did a little shoe shopping myself this morning. :) They even come with a package of white suede cleaning powder that I've been after for years!

navy_specs.jpg

KAT

A-List Customer
adooooooooorable shoes decodoll :eusa_clap its always hard for me to find some good shoes, i always need an ankle strap , i cant walk around without it , my feet are too tiny:eek:

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, Kat! I actually have the same problem with modern shoes, having very narrow feet, but rarely with vintage shoes. The vintage shoes that turn out to be too wide for me go to a friend with size 7 feet as well, and I get the ones that turn out to be too narrow for her. :)

KAT

A-List Customer
i got a pair that fits me well: a pair of 40s black suede platform heels in size..........

4 1/2 :eek: [huh] i never buy vintage shoes on the internet..they never fit :rolleyes:

decodoll

Practically Family
I should think at size 4 1/2 you'd get some real steals on ebay. I always shop by the measurements and never the size listed, and I've done fairly well so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe