Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

KAT

A-List Customer
yeah you are right, i should start trying that again (once the wallet is filled with money again) ..i always got confused with the inches and cm :rolleyes: lol

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful shoes, Decodoll! I have a similar pair in tan and white. Wish I had the suede powder though :)

And Kat, the shoes you would be able to find on eBay for a song! You could fill mulitple closets!

I hit a thrift store in Tucson after my photo shoot yesterday, and came away with a some nice items (no pics yet):

A goldenrod yellow late-30s blouse with a gorgeous pin-tucked art deco design down the front (less than $12)

A pair of chocolate brown garbardine 1940s slacks for $12

An early-40s cotton day dress in blue, pink, and white flowers with white buttons down the front for $20

And a pair of high-waisted, wide-legged, black crepe slacks which I believe date to the 1940s, which I got (half price to boot) for the whopping price of $3!

decodoll

Practically Family
Yeah...that would make quite a difference! :) Just make sure to go by measurements of a pair of well fitting shoes and not your actual foot measurements.

decodoll

Practically Family
Thanks, Magneto and Jitterbugdoll!

Jitterbugdoll, I have a pair in brown and white too, but one can never have too many pairs of vintage shoes...especially spectators! Sounds like you made out like a bandit! Don't forget to take pictures!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Oh my goodness, I love those! Beautiful! I'm still on the quest for a pair of spectator shoes. I'm going on a road trip to Missouri this summer and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll find a pair for a song.

Decodoll, it sounds like we have exactly the same shoe size! I wish I had a buddy into vintage with the same size but different width... sounds like the perfect team!

Kat, I know a place in Riverside that had the most amazing shoes that would probably fit you. They were tan 40's peeptoe platforms with metal studs and a big bow on the toe with more studs on the toe. There's a piece of furniture I wanted from the same antique store, so when I go back I'll check if they're still there if you want... but I can't go for a few months cause I gotta save up first :eek:

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I attended a friend's wedding in Milwaukee last year, and she sent me and another friend to some great vintage shops. One had literally baskets full of shoes--I left with one pair of lovely deep purple suede and leather 40s pumps, and my friend with the tiny feet left with about eight pairs :rolleyes:

Kat, if you ever visit AZ, you must visit my friend’s shop, Matilda's Closet! She has an entire room full of shoes, about half of which are your size, and all of which are utterly darling :)

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
mysterygal said:
hollywood1602.jpg

I LOVE the outfit on the far right! sooooo cute! I love the look of the pants especially, very stylish :D

For those ladies who are after trousers like this, but can't make them, there is a lady over here who makes them. Though I'm not sure how much it would be to ship internationally, but you could always ask her: http://www.vivienofholloway.com.

Word of warning though, there's a lovely shop in London called Radio Days that stock her stuff, and I tried on the trousers in a UK 12 which I am pretty dead on, slimmer in the waist than some 12s and they were far too tight. Plus I am 5'11 and they were several inches too short. She will make them custom though, for £45.

Lauren

Jitterbugdoll, Which city is that in? I have a friend renovating a house in AZ and he invited me to come out and visit. I wanted to go and hit up the thrift stores, but heck, if there's a vintage store nearby I'm all over it!

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
It's in Glendale--and really, the best "vintage" store in town, I think ;) There are some stores in Scottsdale, but they are very pricey (and of course, there are some good thrift stores out here.) Where is your friend's house?

If you come out for a visit, you must let me know--we can do lunch and go shopping if you some time :)

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
I completely forgot about Shady Lady,so glad she's still around. I had those pants years ago,her prices are very reasonable and the cut was very true to the era.Though,you may still have to do a bit of altering once they get to you. I doubt she has any of the fabrics you see online left,but she'll work with you.
I also liked the princess skirt and her carol top.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
maisie said:
I went to a vinatge show up in London last Sunday and purchased some lovely 1940s items, here are couple of pics! The 2 day dresses, especially the aqua one, are so much nicer in person!

P8212306.jpg
P8212307.jpg

P8212314.jpg
P8212316.jpg

I'm totally in love with the darker dress Maisie--what a beauty!

Lauren

McCall4903.jpg

I just won this suit pattern last night... I see it in a chocolate brown with burnt orange accents and topstitching ... yummy!

Lauren

I promise if and when I get around to sewing it that I will :D
I admit I am rather a pattern packrat and collect them faster than I can sew them :eek:

maisie

Practically Family
I promise if and when I get around to sewing it that I will
I admit I am rather a pattern packrat and collect them faster than I can sew them

lol! But they all look so stylish on the packets! I love the idea of burnt orange and brown it sounds so sharp!!!!!!:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe