Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

maisie

Practically Family
My most recent ebay finds have been a complete Army Nurse Corps seersucker uniform - jacket, shirt, pants, and cap, and this little gem, which I won for under $25!!!

Wow $25! I managed to get the full set of seersucker items, all separatly though!:rolleyes: But had 3 pairs of the pants and had to take down the hems on one pair, as none of them were long enough!! :rage:
Did you see this one on ebay i thought it was a good size as well!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6623611293

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
LOL Maisie, that's the set I won! How funny!

I was pretty excited about the ARC cap. I've been wanting one for a long time now, but I didn't want to pay the $75-$100 they've been going for!

maisie

Practically Family
I always have a problem with getting hats to fit!:rage:
I need about a size 22 1/2 and 23, and these are really difficult to get!ARGG!!
Well done on the hat!:)

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I have the same problem with hats. I usually need at least a 22.5. Some of them, depending on the style, I can wear a smaller size. I have an unissued daisy mae dated 1940 that is 6-7/8 and I can wear it, because it sits back on your head a little more. My WAVES daisy mae is also a slightly smaller size and I can still wear it, because of the way it sits on my head. I think the same will be true with the ARC hat. I don't even know what size it is, to be honest. But I think I can make it work regardless.

My garrison caps are another story! I have a couple that are 23-1/2 and they fit great. My 2 WAC enlisted caps are either 21-1/2s or 22s, though! Too small! It looks silly because I can't wear them down on my forehead properly, because of the length.

JustJen

Familiar Face
Ok, I'm showing my lack of knowledge here, but what's the NAS airshow? Is it at Carswell or Meacham Field? I think my boys would love it if it has to do with airplanes. If it's open to the public, we might be able to make it out there.

Nice seersucker btw! Sheesh, looks like you got into a bidding dogfight on that one. I hate it when it ends up like that, lol. I always spend way more than I ever plan.

Jen

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
JustJen said:
Ok, I'm showing my lack of knowledge here, but what's the NAS airshow? Is it at Carswell or Meacham Field? I think my boys would love it if it has to do with airplanes. If it's open to the public, we might be able to make it out there.

Nice seersucker btw! Sheesh, looks like you got into a bidding dogfight on that one. I hate it when it ends up like that, lol. I always spend way more than I ever plan.

Jen

Actually I didn't expect to win the seersucker! I bid on it with about 4 hours left or something, and I think my max was like $229. I totally expected to lose it. I kept refreshing in the last 30 seconds of the auction, but nobody even tried to snipe me. It was one of the easiest auctions I've won! lol

The NAS Airshow is at Carswell, west side of town. It is May 13-14 and it is free and open to the public - but I would really recommend you get there early as it can get very crowded, and they close the gates at 2:00. It is mostly modern stuff, but there will be a big WWII section with lots of millitary vehicles (Jeeps, trucks, etc.) and we will have our B-17G there! I'll probably be hanging out at the AAF table or giving tours on the B-17, in my WASP gear. The Blue Angels are there and it is always a pretty neat show. Last year we had a bunch of the Tuskegee Airmen present and we got to take photos with them on the tarmac. That was neat!

Here is the website with more info:
http://www.best-airshows.com/

Raegan

New in Town
fortworthgal said:
My most recent ebay finds have been a complete Army Nurse Corps seersucker uniform - jacket, shirt, pants, and cap, and this little gem, which I won for under $25!!!

x3cz9w.jpg

Oh my goodness I'm sooo jealous! That's fabulous! I need to start paying more attention to ebay so I can find great stuff like that.:)

16_sparrows

Vendor
This one is actually an old purchase that I just recently got to wear.
127943822_1d9506cc4a.jpg

I bought it a year ago. I had no place to where it but when I saw the back and how great it fit I knew I had to snatch it up. I ended up wearing it to my friend's wedding last month. I didn't take my camera, but my friend did so I am finally able to post my first and favorite vintage find.

This is the only picture of the back I have, but I love hot the bow's ties hang all the way until the hem of the skirt. It was a lot of fun to dance with.
139901275_3210631734_m.jpg

Now I just need to find another fancy place to wear it!

ITG

Call Me a Cab
FWGal, is Carswell Field near or actually in the air force base? Do you have to have military ID to get in? Any time I've been to Carswell, I've had to go with my dad since he has access to the base.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
Marc, she sounds wonderful....I figure in a couple of years I'll start looking into making my own clothes, but it is nice going for the already made ones

My grandmother was in the hospital this week, but is suppose to return home tomorrow. I called her on Tuesday, with no answer and my Uncle showed up today at work to tell me where she was.

Apparantly, it;s high blood pressure again.

I will keep checking for you girls the patterns, if she has any.

mark the shoeshine boy

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
shoeshineboy said:
My grandmother was in the hospital this week, but is suppose to return home tomorrow. I called her on Tuesday, with no answer and my Uncle showed up today at work to tell me where she was.

Apparantly, it;s high blood pressure again.

I will keep checking for you girls the patterns, if she has any.

mark the shoeshine boy

Take care of her health, not patterns for us. She comes first. We can all get patterns elsewhere, but you cant buy grandma's on ebay.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
ITG said:
FWGal, is Carswell Field near or actually in the air force base? Do you have to have military ID to get in? Any time I've been to Carswell, I've had to go with my dad since he has access to the base.

I'll PM you with the details, but no, it is open to the public during the airshow so you don't have to have a military ID. It is on the base itself.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
here's at least the top half of a blue vintage dress along with a sidecar ;)
P1017496sm.jpg

this is true vintage.....beautiful wife standing at the door looking as lovely as ever in a dress and pearls, with a drink waiting for him as he comes through the door. No doubt there is a pot roast in that picture, too. If we could only smell it.....mmmmm...

I know I am going to pay for that remark !!!

mark the shoeshine boy

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
grandma is home today....i will call her on friday and chat with her and see how she feels....blood pressure is something that you don't fool with....

mark the shoeshine boy

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
shoeshineboy said:
this is true vintage.....beautiful wife standing at the door looking as lovely as ever in a dress and pearls, with a drink waiting for him as he comes through the door. No doubt there is a pot roast in that picture, too. If we could only smell it.....mmmmm...

I know I am going to pay for that remark !!!

mark the shoeshine boy
lol actually, the drink was for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe