Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

Mojito

One Too Many
Lots of pretty things!

Love the dress, Goldwyn Girl - do you plan on wearing it with a crinoline?

Kimberly, that overside button detailing on the yellow dress looks great!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly I say leave the belt loops, and buy some grossgrain ribbon. You can either just tie the ribbon or find a cheap plastic buckle. (yellow if possible!) At some point you may even want to see if there's enough salvage fabric in the hem or whatever to cover a buckle, or just find a matching solid yellow fabric. Black draws attention, whereas yellow would just blend in with the dress yet 'finish' it off.
These are all options I look for in beltless dresses, I hope it helps some of you! (whoops, just saw Daisy said some of the same things!)

For those who are sewers, I never cut the loops off but open up the dress right there and tuck the loop inside, then stich back up. That is if the loops are of the dress fabric. If they're just strings I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes I have to remove them just because the waist sits much too high on me.

Anyhoo, that dress is adorable on you!!

Goldwyn you found a darling dress too!

I have been a VERY BAD GIRL and will posting goodies soon! [angel]
Nikki

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks Ladies,

I am going to try it on with the smaller belt and decide whether I want to wear it with or without this morning.

I just bought this lovely red blazer off eBay. It cost me $26.00 with shipping.

redjacket.jpg

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I sort of collect naughty/cute little lingerie catalogues and this one is my latest one:

748e_1.JPG

it´s about 2,50 $

I know.... I´m supposed to save money until next week, but I just love those little goodies... I should make a book with them some day.

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
RetroModelSari said:
I sort of collect naughty/cute little lingerie catalogues and this one is my latest one:

748e_1.JPG

it´s about 2,50 $

I know.... I´m supposed to save money until next week, but I just love those little goodies... I should make a book with them some day.

very cute!

a few years ago i bought a acid-free spiral-bound scrapbook and some plastic (more hardy) photo corners. i put a bunch of my smaller pieces of ephemera in it and they are still accessible if i want to open them up and look inside, thanks to the photo corners! my old system was an old shoebox, i think. i recommend this!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kimberly said:
Thanks Ladies,

I am going to try it on with the smaller belt and decide whether I want to wear it with or without this morning.

That definitely is much cuter WITH a belt! I like the elastic one, even, but a thin one might be better. More pics!

Kimberly

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
That definitely is much cuter WITH a belt! I like the elastic one, even, but a thin one might be better. More pics!

I have it on with a belt. It is a thinner belt and not at all busy so it goes better with it. I was complimented on the dress while in line getting coffee, by the cashier at the coffee counter and in the elevator so I guess it looks pretty good! :eusa_clap.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Kimberly said:
I have it on with a belt. It is a thinner belt and not at all busy so it goes better with it. I was complimented on the dress while in line getting coffee, by the cashier at the coffee counter and in the elevator so I guess it looks pretty good! :eusa_clap.

Yeah, I want to steal that dress. FYI!

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
kimberly, i totally agree with those who say to ditch the belt! i like that suggestion for taking apart the seams and tucking in the loops. i have a couple dresses like that one that do not have beltloops, and patterns like it that don't show a belt with it, so i think it would be historically correct without it if you chose to do that. i feel like it makes the dress look to busy/fussy, especially since zippered-front dresses were originally meant to be housedresses.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Kimberly, I say keep the belt. It is more flattering and for a dress that is meant to be worn with a belt, I always wear one. It helps complete the look.

However, you want the belt to accentuate the dress's details, not compete with them. For that reason, I would go with a skinny belt, 1" or less. A ribbon is also a great idea.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Kimberly, smart blazer! Sari you always find cute books and cards!

Ok gals, (rubs hands together...) I've gotta cut the card up after this! Can you smell burning plastic?? For what all I got it was a bargain, but I shouldn't have been shopping in the first place!

First off, I finally found the PERFECT drop leaf table for my craft room. Been keeping my eye out for years! This one has the original PINK paint!! WOOHOO! $59. Ok, this I actually paid cash for. Here's the room in progress,
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343340938
and the table,
littleairman001.jpg

On top of the table we have a darling fruit swag hat made of black bengaline with grossgrain bow in back. I'll take more pics of me wearing it later. $23, could NOT pass it up. Same booth had the adorable blue velvet veil hat with strawberries! Veiling in PERFECT soft shape! $15.
Next a sweet little violet spray. Probably from a hat, but has a pin attached now. Then a red gingham pinafore dress for ONLY $15. Had to have the gal take it off the manny! LOL! Vintage mauve shoes, too sweet, $22.
I forgot to add to photo, but I also got a pair of embroidered ivory wedding stockings from the early 1900's for $3. They're in poor shape but since I had such a neat black pair I had to get them.
littleairman002.jpg

Then I came across a (squeeee!) vintage eyelet dress. NINE dollars. However I almost passed it up because it was too big. But, I thought for 9 bucks someone at the lounge would love it! Well, too bad ladies cuz I tried it on with a belt and it is WAY cute! :p
littleairman003.jpg

littleairman004.jpg

Ok and then from the bay we have these two from the same seller. Just under $20 for both!
dresses_049.jpg

dresses_046.jpg

mens_015.jpg

mens_009.jpg

OH! Picked this up going thru my Grandmother's things. I need to go up there and *really* go thru it before Grandpa ditches everything!
Pleanty of searsucker for 2 dresses!
littleairman006.jpg

Sorry so long! Enough for now! I'm loading pics of my $20 chandy and will post the link in a bit!
Nikki

Hep Kitten

New in Town
ohairas said:
Kimberly, smart blazer! Sari you always find cute books and cards!

Ok gals, (rubs hands together...) I've gotta cut the card up after this! Can you smell burning plastic?? For what all I got it was a bargain, but I shouldn't have been shopping in the first place!

First off, I finally found the PERFECT drop leaf table for my craft room. Been keeping my eye out for years! This one has the original PINK paint!! WOOHOO! $59. Ok, this I actually paid cash for. Here's the room in progress,
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ohairas/album/576460762343340938
and the table,
littleairman001.jpg

On top of the table we have a darling fruit swag hat made of black bengaline with grossgrain bow in back. I'll take more pics of me wearing it later. $23, could NOT pass it up. Same booth had the adorable blue velvet veil hat with strawberries! Veiling in PERFECT soft shape! $15.
Next a sweet little violet spray. Probably from a hat, but has a pin attached now. Then a red gingham pinafore dress for ONLY $15. Had to have the gal take it off the manny! LOL! Vintage mauve shoes, too sweet, $22.
I forgot to add to photo, but I also got a pair of embroidered ivory wedding stockings from the early 1900's for $3. They're in poor shape but since I had such a neat black pair I had to get them.
Then I came across a (squeeee!) vintage eyelet dress. NINE dollars. However I almost passed it up because it was too big. But, I thought for 9 bucks someone at the lounge would love it! Well, too bad ladies cuz I tried it on with a belt and it is WAY cute! :p
littleairman003.jpg

littleairman004.jpg

Ok and then from the bay we have these two from the same seller. Just under $20 for both!
dresses_049.jpg

dresses_046.jpg

mens_015.jpg

mens_009.jpg

OH! Picked this up going thru my Grandmother's things. I need to go up there and *really* go thru it before Grandpa ditches everything!
Pleanty of searsucker for 2 dresses!
littleairman006.jpg

Sorry so long! Enough for now! I'm loading pics of my $20 chandy and will post the link in a bit!
Nikki

Wow, Ohairas! WOW! Your dresses are amazing. I don't know which one I like best. The blue one is quite stunning. The craft table is also gorgeous. We gals are grrrreat shoppers...maybe too great. :eek:

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Wow Nikki!

What a haul! I especially love your new hats and flower pin. The pinafore is to die for too! I love gingham! :D

Congrats!

Joie

Hep Kitten

New in Town
Kimberly said:
Klara, that sweater is absolutely adorable!!

Okay, I am so happy ladies. Tomorrow it will be warm enough here to wear the dress I bought this weekend. The peep toed shoes go so well with it too and I can't wait. I am going to get up extra early just to curl my hair in electric rollers! :D

Yellowdress.jpg

I can't keep up with you gals! I had to backtrack and I'm glad I did. What a beautiful dress, Kimberly! I hope you take some pics. I'm sure you'll look great. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe