Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Stopped in Goodwills Clearance store on the way home today. Only had a few minutes before closing, but managed to pick this up for........ ...... ...... .... ... . $1:eusa_clap It's a Torrid dress, black with white stripes, red piping, and pretty red floral embroadery.

jades148.jpg

jades149.jpg

jades147.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Oh Kimberly! It's time to get you educated!

http://www.fashion-era.com/utility_clothing.htm

"There was never enough stock of anything, but women still did their best to look good and their hair was important to them. By day it was kept out of sight in a turban or knitted snood which stopped it getting caught in machinery. Generally hair still had some length as women could wash and dress their hair in ways which made them feel more feminine."

Here's a pic:
snood.JPG

Kimberly

Practically Family
Thanks for the education Pink! I have always seen those in pics before but never knew what the proper name of them were.

That is going to look really cute on you! Please take pics with it on so we can see what it looks like. :cool:

Kimberly

Practically Family
Pink I will definitely look out for one! I always wanted one but never knew the name for it. :D

Here is more stuff I picked up today.

The dress is really cute. It has a little peplum and a bow up top

reddress.jpg

An 80's does 50's dress which is all cotton and like heaven on. This is my running around doing errands on a Saturday when it's hot out dress. lol

pinkwhitedress.jpg

High waisted denim capris. I am actually thinking of adding big red buttons to them up on the hip area.

HighWaistedDeminCarpis.jpg

And lastly Hawaiin-Miami inspired Capri's.

HawaiiCarpis.jpg

Total cost for all four is $23!!

Shearer

Practically Family
I bought a pair of pajamas :D The weather's been grey so I must have been in a loungy type of mood. They're not my size, but hopefully the pants will stay up lol

jammies.jpg

Snookie

Practically Family
Emblaze said:
These are plus fours. :)

Plus-fours get their name b/c they end about 4" below the knee.

Oxford Bags, a very wide pant from the 20's for men, were developed b/c Oxford students weren't allowed to wear their plus-fours to class, so they pulled on their Bags over the short pants.

Kimberly, more than you ever wanted to know, huh?

Kimberly

Practically Family
Snookie said:
Plus-fours get their name b/c they end about 4" below the knee.

Oxford Bags, a very wide pant from the 20's for men, were developed b/c Oxford students weren't allowed to wear their plus-fours to class, so they pulled on their Bags over the short pants.

Kimberly, more than you ever wanted to know, huh?

Ha! I now have a full education on mens pants! :D

Kimberly

Practically Family
Shearer said:
Kimberly, that outfit is absolutely adorable!

Thanks! I can only wear the skirt on my skinny days though. I think it's a 26 waist and while I can button it with no problem, it's a little snug. :eek: I have to find a good girdle before I can wear it to work or I will be very uncomfortable by lunchtime. :( :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82