Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show Us Your Purchases....GUYS !

Annixter

Practically Family
Davidraphael, the discussion of leather conditioners has many differing opinions, but I've always had great success with 100% pure Neatsfoot oil. It's recommended by many different leather tradesmen, and I like it over synthetic conditioners with stuff that gets close to my skin. Note that it may darken the leather slightly, and you'll obviously want to keep it off any cloth. A tack shop, feed store, or quality leather store should have the stuff, but I cannot recommend any company in particular in the UK or Germany.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thorogood Moc Toe 8" Wedge boots. This is my second pair of Thorogoods in as many days and I'm very please with them for now.
IMG_9422.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9426.JPG

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9428.JPG

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Any way to narrow it down to a specific era? I am still new to this dating clothes stuff (I just look for the sewing machine label). I want to put them on e-bay. I think the John Keith is more towards the late 60's due to the lining, but the other two are mysteries to me.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Recently fished these no name American made packers out of the 'bay. They are rapidly (at about the rate that they are conforming to my feet) becoming my favorite footwear.
Photoon9-15-12at1151PM2_zpsef5a508d.jpeg

alsendk

A-List Customer
Picked up this great vintage-y leather jacket for EUR 15 at a flea market. Quite pleased with it!
The leather feels a little dry and hard like it could with conditioning. Any recommendations?

(incidentally, that's our 1930s Bavarian wardrobe behind the jacket. :) )

Pecard Antique leather treatment is what I have been recommended by a lot of members in here, and I really like the results I get from it.
It is originally from US, but is to be found in UK also......here is the link: www.antiqueleatherdressing.co.uk

img7005xxx.jpg

img7003xxxx.jpg

Pecard Antique leather treatment is what I have been recommended by a lot of members in here, and I really like the results I get from it.
It is originally from US, but is to be found in UK also......here is the link: www.antiqueleatherdressing.co.uk

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
Are you going to wear them with a morning coat or with a Stroller/Stressemann jacket?

I have been planning with both actually as well with frock coat. The only thing is that it's hard to find old jackets if I want to wear them as stroller/stresemann. I guess I'll have to use a more modern one for now. How acceptable is a double breasted? I have seen some pictures but in all of them they are wearing checked ones. In only one picture the man is wearing a DB jacket with striped trousers.

Jacket50-60.jpg

The jacket is from late 50's or early 60's when I asked a vintage shop keeper. Could the jacket possibly fit with the trousers or should I just wait until I'll find a good jacket?

Mr. Garrulus

One of the Regulars
That jacket looks distinctly 1980s. I'd hold out for something else.

Well that's what I also thought but apparently the tags inside it are from 50-60's (they're Swedish tags). Oh well, hopefully I'll find something soon... and for a good price. Way too many time I have seen something priced way too much just because it is old. Like today in a second hand store I saw a top hat and a bowler which both had the price tag of 150USD and they weren't even in such a good condition.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Well that's what I also thought but apparently the tags inside it are from 50-60's (they're Swedish tags). Oh well, hopefully I'll find something soon... and for a good price. Way too many time I have seen something priced way too much just because it is old. Like today in a second hand store I saw a top hat and a bowler which both had the price tag of 150USD and they weren't even in such a good condition.

I've sent you a PM about a couple of jackets I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe