Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
epr25, your hair looks so cute! i used to do a 40s-esqu pomp and i can't wait till my bangs finish growing out so i can do it again :)

i am also envying your cherry pin...

The Shirt

Practically Family
Goldwyn, DPD, Red and Meggan - so sweet - thank you! I just get so inspired by everyone's cute hairdo's on here. I keep my eyes open to see how people interpret their rolls and fringe. To bad I tend to save the experimenting until the weekends.

EPR - Cute again!

epr25

Practically Family
Thanks! I received the pin for an early wedding/ Christmas present from my husband. At Christmas I got the matching necklace and earrings. How can I not love him!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
the weirdest thing happened though. i rinsed out my spray bottle and it was spraying a fine mist of water just fine. but then i put in my lottabody/water solution... and i could only get a more direct, less misty spray, even after i adjusted the nozzle! anyone else have this problem? i can't imagine i broke my spraybottle...

That happens everytime I put lottabody in a spray bottle I get "stream" no matter how it's adjusted. [huh]
Although, I just found this new (to me) stuff called ISO PLUS and it's a spray wrapping lotion. Works great! I find it in the African american hair section...Sally's has it, and so do other places, like Kmart. I'm just happy to finally have a spray! :D Good luck with your next 'do ShooShoo!

Fifties*Freak

Familiar Face
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

The Shirt, I LOVE your hair , it looks great.

Epr, Your hair looks wonderful, I am still trying to figure out how I can wear it down and get a 40's look since it is so long. Your brooch and earrings are too cute!

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Gaah, I wish I had taken a close-up of my hair today!

I just did some face-framing curls.

2229126774_9d294a0dbe.jpg

SarahLouise

Practically Family
epr25 said:
Please ignore that I am glowing in this photo. I had to lighter it so you could kind of see my hair. This is basically what my hair looks like on a daily basis. I don't always have the bow.

myhair.jpg
[/IMG]

Your hair is gorgeous! I love the pomp at the front. I can never get this to look right, did you use a comb to push it forward or another method? Love the pin too!

epr25

Practically Family
No when I was my hair at night ,I never blow dry unless I have to to avoid the crazy frizz effect it gives me, I just use roller clips and push it up in little mounds all over my head and let it dry over night. It's a wreck in the morning. Then I curl with an iron clipping the curls in until they cool and brush out. I just grab section and push it forward and bobby pin place with 2 pins making an X it seems to help hold allot more securely.

SarahLouise said:
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the pomp at the front. I can never get this to look right, did you use a comb to push it forward or another method? Love the pin too!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia, the blonde streaks look great! Have you tried rolling up the rolls closer to the scalp and place them pointing kind of more towards the back? I think you'd get a better result that way. You might need to use larger strands of hair to show off the two-tone effect :)

It feels a bit weird for me to comment on others' hairdos while being the mystery lady myself, but I don't have a camera, sorry! :eusa_doh:

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! You ladies all look incredible.

Here's what I look like just about every day. Haven't been curling my hair much lately, it's just kind of too much work and since I'm in bed most of the day, kind of pointless! I did just get a color again, so it's more red and the bangs are a lot shorter than they are in this pic, but the more recent pics I have, I'd get in trouble for posting here!!

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I dyed my hair recently. I went darker as I was hoping it would make my (blue) eyes stand out. I wanted a colour like yours, Daisy, it's lovely and rich, but I'm not sure I succeeded. I'll take a picture next time it doesn't look like a dogs dinner!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Fifties Freak!

ShrinkingViolet said:
Pink Dahlia, the blonde streaks look great! Have you tried rolling up the rolls closer to the scalp and place them pointing kind of more towards the back? I think you'd get a better result that way. You might need to use larger strands of hair to show off the two-tone effect :)

To be honest I don't experiment much with rolls. My hair is paper thin and straight as an arrow. I have a hard enough time doing that to my hair probably why you don't see me in rolls much. Even with gobs of hairspray it was hard to get those to stay.

Now put my hair in the care of LolitaHaze's magic hands and poof! Perfect rolls on the first try. I still don't know how she got my hair to do this:

l_63d8662310851ab46d4295bd8c48c083.jpg

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Wow! You ladies all look incredible.

Here's what I look like just about every day. Haven't been curling my hair much lately, it's just kind of too much work and since I'm in bed most of the day, kind of pointless! I did just get a color again, so it's more red and the bangs are a lot shorter than they are in this pic, but the more recent pics I have, I'd get in trouble for posting here!!

Daisy, you & your hair look beautiful! I like the colour. Also, it's nice to see your smiling face in the Powder Room again! :)

MissHannah

One Too Many
So today I've got a day off and I'm just about to head off to Vivien of Holloway but the wind and rain are beyond belief today so I thought I should show you my hair before it's ruined!

Hair310108C.jpg

Hair310108B.jpg

..and I also wanted to show you this monstrosity:
BadHair.jpg

That is my hair in its natural, unfettered state. And I mean state!

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh I am jealous of you all - i have been suffering with the pin curls terribly. if I wet set I get a big blonde afro, if I dry set they fall out. I just can't get it right.

I'm also stuggling with rolls.

How long did it take everyone to learn? I'm on three days now and I swaer I'm getting worse

:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld