Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Samantha I think it looks great! The more you work with it, it will get easier for you. They are tricky, keep wanting to unroll and such. I think you've mastered it very well!
Nikki

Brooksie

One Too Many
I have not posted much in this thread because my hair has not really been long enough to do anything with but I decided to try some rolls again and I couldn't believe I was able to get my little bit of hair in the back in a snood!

Here are some pics -

radiodaze044.jpg

radiodaze040.jpg

radiodaze043.jpg

radiodaze042.jpg

Brooksie

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Ok girls, here's pics of my shorter hair. No big thrills or anything. I cut it myself so it's not perfect. My hair was a bit longer than my avatar before, so about 6 inches off.
I had just scrunched in and popped in some rolls so it's kinda messy.
I'll apologize now for bombarding the lounge with pics over the next few days, as I took a bazillion tonight. I've got some other things to share!
Nikki
2073382442_129df88742.jpg

2073381470_f990f7d4c8.jpg

2072588055_3ab089fbc2_m.jpg

PS

A-List Customer
Ada-WOW! That is seriously beautiful. I love everything about it!
Ohairas-You need to stop making hair look so easy! You get me all excited to run and play with mine but I always ended up frustrated!

I set mine on foam curlers last night before bed.........
8bfydt1.jpg

7ynadkx.jpg

I've brushed it out several times, even went out in rain this morning and it still keeps finding its way back into the ringlets!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
PS said:
Ada-WOW! That is seriously beautiful. I love everything about it!
Ohairas-You need to stop making hair look so easy! You get me all excited to run and play with mine but I always ended up frustrated!

8bfydt1.jpg

7ynadkx.jpg

I've brushed it out several times, even went out in rain this morning and it still keeps finding its way back into the ringlets!

I love the style! Mine goes that same road when I set my hair with foam rollars.

Samantha

Antje

One Too Many
Brooksie, I really love your hair,
Nikki why do you always look so perfect, love this do also

Ps your curls look so smooth,

I should have posted a picture of my hair I wore today, I had a rol in the front and 2 roles at the sides and the rest I wore in breids, but then everyone was seeing my roots wich really needed to be dyed again,

so they just made it and put it in so I had to drive home from work with the paint still in my hair (I was so glad it was dark and I wasn't biking today)

anyway I had to wash out at home, so I think I'm going to pincurl it later on

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Antje said:
Brooksie, I really love your hair,
Nikki why do you always look so perfect, love this do also

Ps your curls look so smooth,

I should have posted a picture of my hair I wore today, I had a rol in the front and 2 roles at the sides and the rest I wore in breids, but then everyone was seeing my roots wich really needed to be dyed again,

so they just made it and put it in so I had to drive home from work with the paint still in my hair (I was so glad it was dark and I wasn't biking today)

anyway I had to wash out at home, so I think I'm going to pincurl it later on
That sounds cute. Please post a pic next time you wear it that way.

Brooksie

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Brooksie I can't believe your hair is that long either! It's perfect, gorgeous!!
How do you do YOUR rolls?
Nikki

This is the 3rd time I have ever done rolls in my hair like this so basically each time has been an expiriment but this is what I did this time...

I set my hair in pincurls Sunday night, Mon. I wore them curly, Tues. I brushed them into a nice wave, then Tuesday night I covered the back of my hair with a hair net (it kind of looks like a crochet snood it might even be one but I sleep in after I set my hair to keep it in better shape) the bangs I just rewound them into a dry pin curl and slept with them this way. Wed. morning I did the rolls because the curl was starting to wane but I wanted to take advantage of the body in my hair.

I brushed my hair out really well then I sepperated the hair from just slightly behind the ear on foward and made a middle part. I took the sepperated hair on one side and picked it up and did a small amount of back combing just build a little base with some body (my hair is very fine) then I smoothed the top with hairspray and shine spray, then I started rolling it toward the top and center of my head and used lots of bobby pins and hair pins to hold everything in place, then I did the same thing on the other side.

For the bangs I just formed them into a curl shape and pinned them in and sprayed them to death, so they would stay.

Then for the back I had just enough hair to get into my little snood and used more spray and shine.

Sorry for my bad spelling today I am on the tail end of my lunch and I cant spell worth beans when I am in a hurry.

Brooksie

sophia la shok

One of the Regulars
hi ladies. haven't been on here for a few months now and there are so many new faces!

i need a bit of advice as per usual.
i've been trying to go for this hair doo of late and am having real problems.
lanaturner.jpg

it's not just this one actually it's any of the big glamour styles that rely on having a flat/smooth crown area.

i've cut my hair recently, only to shoulder length, in the hope that it would help my curls stay shorter but it doesn't work. basically i've been either pin curling or using foam rollers as a wet set overnight on the front, sides and lower bottom edge. and while the front and sides look perfect the back always seems to flop down. it's because my hair is so thick and i have to put so much of my hair into the back rollers/pin curls to leave the crown smooth.

anyone have any tips?
i've even tried to fit three lines of rollers in close proximity from the back of my hairline upwards but to no avail.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
sophia la shok said:
hi ladies. haven't been on here for a few months now and there are so many new faces!

i need a bit of advice as per usual.
i've been trying to go for this hair doo of late and am having real problems.
lanaturner.jpg

it's not just this one actually it's any of the big glamour styles that rely on having a flat/smooth crown area.

i've cut my hair recently, only to shoulder length, in the hope that it would help my curls stay shorter but it doesn't work. basically i've been either pin curling or using foam rollers as a wet set overnight on the front, sides and lower bottom edge. and while the front and sides look perfect the back always seems to flop down. it's because my hair is so thick and i have to put so much of my hair into the back rollers/pin curls to leave the crown smooth.

anyone have any tips?
i've even tried to fit three lines of rollers in close proximity from the back of my hairline upwards but to no avail.

You could try a skinny curler--like a perm rod. Use a bunch of them & only roll them to the ears, that way it won't give a lot of volume in the back.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Sophia, you may also want to try using a skinny curling iron.. like a 1/2" no bigger than a 5/8" size and start the curl from the point where you want your flat area to start and work your way down to the ends. (i hope this make sense, if not PM me for a better explanation) And then once you curl the section/strand with a hot iron, roll it up into a pincurl, just above where you started to curl it, and let it set that way. You can get exactly the same kind of curl you want, and honestly it's the easiest way to do it. But only when your hair is shorter. Once it goes past shoulder length, it gets hard to work with the irons.

If you need to wet set it, the best is to use a smaller diameter roller, or just pincurl it.

I can post a pic if you need a visual.

Good luck!!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Brooksie, I love your rolls and the cute fringe curl in the middle!

PS: Your curls look so soft! Very nice!

Nikki, I LOVE your new cut!!! and of course, your rolls! ;)

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I see no reason for frustration! You look positively gorgeous!
When our hair is that long, it's just gonna hang more in ringlets. May wanna opt for more layers. Be sure you're rolling *around* the roller and not "winding up" in a spiral fashion.

Thank you everyone for the comments!
Nikki

PS said:
8bfydt1.jpg

7ynadkx.jpg

Goldfish

A-List Customer
PS said:

8bfydt1.jpg

7ynadkx.jpg

Stop saying that!
I would kill to be able to style my hair like that!

PS

A-List Customer
ohairas said:
I see no reason for frustration! You look positively gorgeous!
When our hair is that long, it's just gonna hang more in ringlets. May wanna opt for more layers. Be sure you're rolling *around* the roller and not "winding up" in a spiral fashion.

Thank you everyone for the comments!
Nikki

*Around*? Now, winding up??? I am a makeup girl, hand me powder kohl and some brushes and I could do a whole bunch of faces but hair escapes me. I've worn super short hair for many years and was finally able to grow it out, but have missed about 8 years of learning!!!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Please excuse the bad pics and bad make-up. Hubby and I are going out to our favorite restaurant to celebrate our 11th anniversary. This is the first time I've ever gotten my hair into a presentable french roll by myself. For some reason, I always set my clients' hair before the french roll, but always tried to do mine with straight hair. Tonight, I set it with hot rollers, then couldn't make it look right. The french roll was the last ditch effort before washing it again and starting over. I plan on wearing my new polka dot dress (see "show us what you made", but I don't know if there will be pics. The new color is significantly redder, so my hair piece doesn't match.
2076847240_8bab860f50.jpg

2076058627_4f010c0155.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe