Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Everyone looks so gorgeous

Wow Red, I LOVE your hair like that...It is Soooo YOU!
Goldwyn Girl...yours is great and I love the way you have your house decorated in the background too!
I'm going back to the drawing board....you all look awesome!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Red you look positively sexy and glamorous!! I can really see your cut with it down too, and it's awesome.

Hmm.. do you tie these spoodle thingies or are they wired, or do you mean they stick to each other kinda like sticky velcro(kinda like diapers today)? I wonder if I could perm on those instead of the rope rollers. The colors might bleed tho.
Nikki

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Miss Brill said:
How do I make them like Bettie's? Is that the U-cut? I've cut them before after seeing her too much & I don't know what she has done to hers to make them look that way.

Most " Betty" style bangs are cut in a "U", sometimes a "V". And some people can have them cut straight across. It depends on your head, and your hair. How it falls, thickness etc. Also, they could be too long.. or too short. I'd honestly have to see to make a better judegment.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
ohairas said:
Red you look positively sexy and glamorous!! I can really see your cut with it down too, and it's awesome.

Hmm.. do you tie these spoodle thingies or are they wired, or do you mean they stick to each other kinda like sticky velcro(kinda like diapers today)? I wonder if I could perm on those instead of the rope rollers. The colors might bleed tho.
Nikki

They just "stick".. sort of like velcro. The only way I know how to describe it, is it's that sticky gauze the doctors use when they wrap you up for something. I've seen some of the earlier versions of SPoodles and they had wires in them and were used more for a corkscrew/spiral curl. These just fold.

Oh and Thank you Nikki!

And Thanks to you too Retromom!

ooh, that would be an interseting way to perm, but you might be right.. the colors may bleed... it might be worth a try on a mannequin! ;)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Picture902.jpg
Picture891.jpg
Picture897.jpg
Picture906.jpg

I took these at the end of the day and my hair was still super curly. Even in back. I have to find some different ways to roll it though. I loved Vivien Leigh's hair in the 1930's. I want to do something similar.

Liz

Great photos, Deadpandiva. I've been thinking of cutting my hair shorter -- your pictures may be the final push I needed!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
DPD, absolutely smashing! You're beautiful, great job! Love the side swept back. You captured Viv's do very well!
Nikki

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Ada Veen- Thanks. You are so sweet.
Liz- My hair was never very long and I have been trying to grow it out, but I am loving this haircut and may keep it forever.
ohairas- Thanks for the complement. It means a lot coming from an professional hairstylist.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
ohairas- Thanks for the complement. It means a lot coming from an professional hairstylist.

You're welcome! You always look so cute, the braids, the flowers, and the bandana!
Nikki

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of Viv.........

I know I've posted this before, but I think it's fun to see again, and I know we have a lot of newbies lately!

I had put several different modern hairstyles on Vivien Leigh and she looks gorgeous with anything, even glasses.

Here's a few vintage shots of her first~
2068492331_b8f1293bb7.jpg

2068484909_540536f98e.jpg

620845133_f04f287f34.jpg

And of course my heroin, I just cut 6 inches off of my hair so now mine looks more like hers. Will have to get some pics for y'all.
Nikki
2068513957_879184cad6_o.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
goldwyn girl said:
You could put a paperbag on Viv's head with just the eye's cut and she'd still be beautiful. Nikki I must see pic's of your "new" hair.
Yes Vivien was stunning. I read that in the 50's she started chemically straightening her hair.:( It may have been more instyle then but her natural waves were gorgeous.

Miss Brill

One Too Many
ohairas said:
I know I've posted this before, but I think it's fun to see again, and I know we have a lot of newbies lately!

I had put several different modern hairstyles on Vivien Leigh and she looks gorgeous with anything, even glasses.

Here's a few vintage shots of her first~
2068492331_b8f1293bb7.jpg

2068484909_540536f98e.jpg

620845133_f04f287f34.jpg

And of course my heroin, I just cut 6 inches off of my hair so now mine looks more like hers. Will have to get some pics for y'all.
Nikki
2068513957_879184cad6_o.jpg

She looks like Victoria Beckham with some of those hairstyles. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe