Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

JitterBugJenny

New in Town
~*Red*~ said:
JitterBugJenny: Your curls are so pretty!!! You take lovely pictures!

Goldwyn Girl, Your hair is spot on. I like how your did your bangs too!

DeeLovely: I think your curls came out beautifully! So full and beautiful!

Sara: It IS hard to wave the back!!! But I think you got it!! I bet it looked real nice too! and I think you have a great idea with the toe separators!! I think you should try it! Let us know! hee hee!! I've seen those on Ebay, and they do always go for outrageous prices. I wonder how well they work though...[huh]

Thanks for the kind words, your pictures are lovely too!

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
2.jpg

Ok....had time before work to mess with my hair. This is me during my lunch break. I still haven't had time to use pin curls in my hair the night before. That'll be my goal...well....someday. Sorry the photograph is small. I had to use my cell phone.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
2.jpg

Ok....had time before work to mess with my hair. This is me during my lunch break. I still haven't had time to use pin curls in my hair the night before. That'll be my goal...well....someday. Sorry the photograph is small. I had to use my cell phone.
OMG! I want your talent! The most I can manage to do is pin curl! Wow! great job.

Samantha

~*Red*~

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll said:
2.jpg

It looks awesome! You're making me miss my beauty school days... all day, playing with hair....

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Here is my first attempt at pincurls and a victory roll...it had to be tighter and closer to my head since me and the baby went to my mom's house to play in the country all day.
I'm looking forward to going at it again now that I'm not so intimidated.
Hugs all!

retromom147

One of the Regulars
:mad: well ladies I'm having some trouble getting my picture on here...It keeps saying attatchment file failed to load and the image button asks for url and I input pic location but that's not working either...any suggestions?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Thats because you are trying to link us to a picture on your hard drive.

Easiest thing is to get a photobucket account, upload the pictures there and then use the IMG code they give you to paste in the posting window here.

Photobucket.com and its a free service...so ideal for posting things here..and its very user friendly.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I've been cutting down on overnight sets recently, pure laziness really. But I saw this tutorial on Youtube for a hairdo that consisted of rolls and a little side ponytail that I loved, and decided to purloin as it's so quick and easy for work. I just do the rolls and use a hot tong on the bottom, not for long though, to minimise damage.

I don't do the top like her and I have so much less hair than her, so it looks completely different! Not sure if it fits into any particular era either. Oh well!

n569295014_1707586_179.jpg

I'm about to drink a shot of Black Death schnapps followed by a Jelly Belly chaser! lol

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Fleur de guerre!! I love it!! Today I tried to do the same line of eyeliner that you do, and loved the result! I did not think that extending the line would be nice about/on me! Thanks for the inspiration!! (God, my grammar lol!!! Sorry about that!!)

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I tried a wet set lat night, I let my hair dry some and made sure the sections were large so as not to frizz. When I woke up this morning my hair was still wet so I have no idea if the roller set would have worked this time. [huh] I don't think I'll try it again.

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Fleur D Geure, wow...beautiful hair. It does look period although not exactly retro...it has a modern flair too which is always chic! Love it...

DeadPan diva...you might want to try blasting your hair with a blowdryer through a light cotton scarf to avoid frizy fly-aways...when My hair doesn't dry overnight that seems to work expecially if I blast it the night before after rolling it. Good luck!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
I've been cutting down on overnight sets recently, pure laziness really. But I saw this tutorial on Youtube for a hairdo that consisted of rolls and a little side ponytail that I loved, and decided to purloin as it's so quick and easy for work. I just do the rolls and use a hot tong on the bottom, not for long though, to minimise damage.

I don't do the top like her and I have so much less hair than her, so it looks completely different! Not sure if it fits into any particular era either. Oh well!

n569295014_1707586_179.jpg

I'm about to drink a shot of Black Death schnapps followed by a Jelly Belly chaser! lol

Fleur you are gorgeous! The hair couldn't be any better, I think it's just perfect! And I also like your eyeliner although I think my crows feet would get in the way if I tried it! lol ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe