Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your hair do's....

texasgirl

One Too Many
Madison Paige said:
Oh gosh Texas Girl...please tell me your lashes are falsies or I might just DIE of jealousy!!! (in case you didn't catch it, your eyelashes are amazing! ;))

Oh, Thank you! I do have pretty long lashes, but I can't lie- I did use some of the Ardell false lashes on the corners. Then I used this Clinique primer that is white and builds up your lashes.

http://www.amazon.com/Ardell-Duralash-Flare-Medium-56-ct/dp/B0002W09TI

BonnieJean

Practically Family
texasgirl,
I saw the pictures of your murder/mystery party over on the The Golden Era section and wanted to tell you that you looked stunning! I LOVE your hair! And the other pictures of the party looked good too. I bet everyone had fun. I had never heard about foundation primer until you mentioned it and I got some and love it. I haven't heard about mascara primer before, but now I've got to try that too!
I'll be spending more of Harry's money. Guess he'll have to do another "bank job"! lol

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
my first retro hairstyle

funtimes057.jpg

Hopefully the picture will show up. This is a photograph of my first time with a retro hairstyle. I went dancing and my bf took a photograph of me trying to fix my stockings. :eek: Sadly this is the only photo I have of my first retro hairstyle.

Goldfish

A-List Customer
@RetroBabydoll

wow you look stunning! the hairstyle is perfect!
do you use anything to get your hair that shiny? I am envy lol

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Hi Goldfish! There's a product called CHI that has a shining spray out, but just a warning......a little goes a long way. There's other companies that have their own shining sprays too. Thank you so much for the compliment. :D

Snookie

Practically Family
Wow, I really like your hair, RetroBabydoll! It's really creative how you used your rolls -- I've never seen that exact combination, but it has a really vintage look with a modern edge. Great job!!

:eek:fftopic: So where'd you guys go dancing? My husband and I live local to you.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
RetroBabydoll said:
funtimes057.jpg

Hopefully the picture will show up. This is a photograph of my first time with a retro hairstyle. I went dancing and my bf took a photograph of me trying to fix my stockings. :eek: Sadly this is the only photo I have of my first retro hairstyle.

Wow, your hair is gorgeous! Did you do it yourself? I'm so envious!

cowboy76

Suspended
pigeon toe said:
dress2.jpg

Oh, Naama, you remind me of D'arcy from the Smashing Pumpkins (if you know who she is). She was my idol growing up! So pretty.

This is one of those "Ghost" photos that they talk about itsn't it!!??

...."ya see, this strange dark spot just started showing up one day on our photos,..elmer said that he thought it was an evil spirit, maybe one of the dead chickens that he accidentally shot last week is a'comin back to haunt us he done says.....we just dont know,..."

:eek: lol

....nice dress though!

cowboy76

Suspended
Out of curiosity and an huge appreciation for the gorgeous styles of the 40s I took a peek at this thread,...(personally I've always felt the women of the 40s looked 110% sexier than they do now due to the fashion, hair and they way in which they hold themselves)....

Kudos to all of you on here! :eusa_clap

As a man, let me more importantly tell those of you that I had seen post things like "I dont go out like this,.." or "I dont think I'd ever wear it this way out in public,..."
Just take the leap, and do it! I keep seeing so many of you post and are unsure of yourselves, but you need to take confidence in yourselves,....there were some REALLY beautiful hair styles here and equally beautiful women wearing them!

Those of you taking notes from history,....good for you! Keep it up,...nothing more eye-catching than a 40s gal! ;) :eusa_clap

Camille

Familiar Face
cowboy76 said:
Out of curiosity and an huge appreciation for the gorgeous styles of the 40s I took a peek at this thread,...(personally I've always felt the women of the 40s looked 110% sexier than they do now due to the fashion, hair and they way in which they hold themselves)....

Kudos to all of you on here! :eusa_clap

As a man, let me more importantly tell those of you that I had seen post things like "I dont go out like this,.." or "I dont think I'd ever wear it this way out in public,..."
Just take the leap, and do it! I keep seeing so many of you post and are unsure of yourselves, but you need to take confidence in yourselves,....there were some REALLY beautiful hair styles here and equally beautiful women wearing them!

Those of you taking notes from history,....good for you! Keep it up,...nothing more eye-catching than a 40s gal! ;) :eusa_clap

I couldn't agree with you more! Going out in a Golden Era-fashioned outfit -only- grants you compliments! Go for it, gals!

wedding belle

Familiar Face
Thanks to the lovely ladies of the lounge

1803230231_dcf93db2e0.jpg

who gave me loads of help and advice about how to do my hair for my wedding. I (being wholely untalented in hair related doings) was able to create this and was overjoyed with it!

Thank you again!

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Hey Snookie and Audrey Horne.....thank you so much for the compliments. :D My bf and I went to a place I believe is in the Los Angeles area downtown called Bordello's. It used to be an Italian restaurant and was done up all fancy and sometimes Royal Crown Revue plays there. It was the opening night, but sadly we haven't been there in a year.

As for the hairstyle.....It was difficult and took awhile. I even had my bf help me to make sure the back was turning out alright. I like trying out different possibilities with my hair which lead me to pursue beauty school.

~*Red*~

Practically Family
RetroBabyDoll, your hairdo is BEAUTIFUL and accented so nicely with the highlights! Well done! :eusa_clap

Wedding Belle, you look soooooo lovely!!!!!!!! It's just perfect!!

DeadPanDiva... you can NEVER be too old for pigtails!!! They will bring out the youth in you! ;)

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
~*Red*~ said:
RetroBabyDoll, your hairdo is BEAUTIFUL and accented so nicely with the highlights! Well done! :eusa_clap

You're too sweet......I just wish I could pull off your curls in your avatar pic. So cute!

Antje

One Too Many
RetroBabydoll said:
funtimes057.jpg

You did a great job, love the hairdo.

Antje

One Too Many
a couple a days ago I slept in pincurls so here's the pictures of me in pincurls and no make up :eek: :eek:

And when it was finished this time I din't brush out the pincurls but combed it with my fingers

6q35ruc.jpg

86zb4ur.jpg

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Antje said:
a couple a days ago I slept in pincurls so here's the pictures of me in pincurls and no make up :eek: :eek:

And when it was finished this time I din't brush out the pincurls but combed it with my fingers

6q35ruc.jpg

86zb4ur.jpg

Omg!!!! I love how your hair turned out!!! You're hair color is gorgeous! I need to get gutsy and try out pincurls. I just have such thin hair. I'll have to try it out this weekend......I'm scared of what the results might be. :)

cowboy76

Suspended
deadpandiva said:
Cowboy76 I agree with everything you say. In my case though I just think I'm too old for pigtails.

Oh yeah that was one of those photos I was thinking of when I wrote that,...yours and some others,....naw, that was a great look,....maybe not to the resturaunt but out, yeah why not,...you dont look all that old int he photos, you should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe