Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

ShortClara

One Too Many
There are so many amazing things in this thread! You all inspire me so. Does anyone else feel like you have too many interests and just not enough time?

HotRod, CUTE pants! I am jealous, as I cannot wear pants that length. They turn ShortClara into StumpyClara

AdaVeen and Darhling, really cute stuff!

DollyDayDream – awesome crinoline! That’s something I’ve wanted to make as well.

Pink, as always, your stuff is divine!

Kamikat – sooo cute!

Well, here is the first sewing I’ve been able to work on in months. My Mom’s birthday is a week from today, and I made her a tote. Not vintage, but it does have vintage buttons!

IMG_0494.jpg

Here is a close-up of the fabric and outside zip pocket

IMG_0495.jpg

The top with buttons

IMG_0496.jpg

The lining

IMG_0497.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Anabolina, your dresses are lovely!

Another handbag, again for a birthday gift. My best friend bought this vintage Alice in Wonderland/ Humpty Dumpty fabric from a Goodwill years ago and sent it to me to make something out of. It's a gift for her. I only cut off a one inch strip from it, so this was all I had to work with - it was a very odd cutting, so that's why Alice has no head quite frequently. Poor Alice.

The buttons are vintage, and I went a little Wonderland-like on the lining, with one side pink and the other white.

Alice1.jpg

Alice2.jpg

Alice3.jpg

Alice4.jpg

ShortClara

One Too Many
Mojito said:
Shortclara, that bag is just absolutely fantastic. I've always loved those illustrations by John Tenniel - my grandmother gave me an edition of the book with Tenniel's original illustrations, and they've always been "Alice" to me (I particularly adore his Dodo). The bag is just so cool!

John Tenniel? You have just educated me!! I'll have to research him and maybe include that info when I send the bag to K.

AdaVeen, I have made a few for Etsy - I just have to get myself up and selling again. Now that their vintage sections are reado all my cutting and sewing in stages on multiple bags at a time to make it really a cost effective use of my free time (i.e. weekends). I already have so many personal writing and sewing projects, I'm overextended 1000% of the time! Oh, well. Too much sharing :)

When I do list I can let you know if you like - PM me :)

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
P1017531.jpg

P1017529.jpg

My bathroom is tiny so it was hard to take these photos, but I made my shower curtain. It's such a happy color to wake up to!

I was hoping some of the ladies could help me with these shorts

untitled-4.jpg

They were cute in my head but I'm just not sure if I'm feeling them now...Any ideas?

Kim_B

Practically Family
I made these necklaces out of a pair of vintage earrings. I don't know too much about them - I found them at the antique shop and they were only $3.50 for the pair. I fell in love with the filigree work straight away!

I made the first one, without any gemstones along the side and was pleased...until I saw how it looked with the gemstones along the side. :)

3934.jpg

3926.jpg

I plan on making a lot more of these types of things - the antique shops by my house have tons of jewelry and buttons that would be perfect for re-purposed goodies (and that's also why I posted the "want" ad in the classifieds for any vintage chains any one might have laying around in a tangled mess...)

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Aw thanks gals! Go big or go home is my motto! ;)

Perhaps you remember these:
l_61ab13cf36510899a8cbeadc7ba0eb12.jpg

Well I reupholstered them and they now look like this:
l_c0797f4854a1406796615dff1e90f2e4.jpg

To match my couches. I can't wait till I move into the new house!

Aurora

One of the Regulars
SS851691.jpg

Given a 1940's leather work pattern, but I didn't have any leather, so, with "make-do-and-mend" being the theme of my day, made these little brooches from felt.
All hand-stitched, too small to go through the machine, I must be going a bit dog-crazy though, I've made 6 so far!
All the stitcing on the dog is visible as it's overstitched, the eye and nose are embroidered, the ears are both seperate pieces, fully stuffed, wool collars and a safety-pin sewn onto the back

Aurora

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Ladies, if you want to order the cuteness, please remember to do it via PM!

heheh do you make peacocks too Aurora? ;)

Ooops, I do apologise, I should've said PM me - Slap on the wrist for me!

mmm, peacocks... You've got me thinking, I like a challenge, I'll get back to you on that one! Second thought, just came up with a way of doing it, will give it a go this weekend and post pictures ASAP - Thanks :D

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Aurora said:
SS851691.jpg

Given a 1940's leather work pattern, but I didn't have any leather, so, with "make-do-and-mend" being the theme of my day, made these little brooches from felt.
All hand-stitched, too small to go through the machine, I must be going a bit dog-crazy though, I've made 6 so far!
All the stitcing on the dog is visible as it's overstitched, the eye and nose are embroidered, the ears are both seperate pieces, fully stuffed, wool collars and a safety-pin sewn onto the back
OMG! Soo cute.

Aurora

One of the Regulars
I've just noticed the print on the blouse and skirt set! I need 3 yards for a dress... now! :D

Did I mention my "dog breeding" venture? :eek: Here's a green one with rust collar. Sorry it's a bit out of focus, problems with the camera.

SS851693.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe