Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

leaette

A-List Customer
CanadaDoll said:
Gasp! sooooo cute Leaette!!!:eusa_clap I just found that one too, my mama's gonna help me with it tonight! How long did it take you?

And to think I almost bought a PDF version from someone on ebay, before I found it!:eusa_doh:

I've been wanting to make this for a few years. It's been in my favorites list forever but it always intimidated me because it's not a beginner piece. But I bit the bullet last week because hubby was out of town so I sat down and just did it. I took my time with it because I was scared. So it took longer than the next one will. I worked 4 nights on it. I didn't count the hours but I'll say about 6 hrs it took me.

I saw it on ebay too...I was like "HELLO! you can get it for free!"
But that seller has some great other snoods I'm considering buying because I can't find them for free online.

tanks :)

leaette

A-List Customer
Cherry_Bombb said:
leaetta- do you take orders? That came out amazingly!

But no, seriously! Do you take orders? Or maybe trades? :)

I've been considering making these and selling them. I'm a poor stay at home mom and I miss having a paycheck.

I have no clue what to charge for them though.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
How long does it take you to make one?

Factor in a decent hourly wage for yourself, and supplies and shipping/handling, and poof, there is your price. :)

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
leaette said:
I've been wanting to make this for a few years. It's been in my favorites list forever but it always intimidated me because it's not a beginner piece. But I bit the bullet last week because hubby was out of town so I sat down and just did it. I took my time with it because I was scared. So it took longer than the next one will. I worked 4 nights on it. I didn't count the hours but I'll say about 6 hrs it took me.

I saw it on ebay too...I was like "HELLO! you can get it for free!"
But that seller has some great other snoods I'm considering buying because I can't find them for free online.

tanks :)

Yeah I found it and promptly went to bang my head against a wall for being so dumb!lol I decided to learn how because I couldn't afford to buy the ready made ones that I liked.
6 Hrs doesn't sound too bad for a beginner, and I suppose as you get used to it it'll go faster, and all the other patterns wouldn't seem so intimidating.

You should definitely go into business for yourself, my mama did home baking to buy a Christmas gift for my dad, it's a great idea!

leaette

A-List Customer
made some more snoods. by the way, i have a few made that i want to sell. they are in my etsy store. i posted about it in the classifieds section if you are interested.

snoods009.jpg

closeupred.jpg

Smuterella

One Too Many
I used to, I don't know whats wrong with me

I must be ill

btw: apologies if cake is innappropriate to the clothing theme, I was chanelling my inner 50's housewife, so it it vintage inspired really

Smuterella

One Too Many
kamikat said:
Smuterlla, nom nom nom, that looks very yummy. Have you tried it yet? How was it? Is it just a vanilla sponge cake with jam and cream in between or something more special?

thanks. Its my first real cake. Just plain old vanilla sponge, fresh whipped cream and raspberry jam. I'm having it for breakfast. Naughty naughty.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Smuterella said:
this evening i made this, but I'm not hungry enough to try it

2008_0305cake0019.jpg

anyone for a slice of fresh cream cake?

Hey, where's that recipe thread? I think we need an entry for this!

Everyone's making such great stuff that it's inspired me to clean out my sewing area. I can't sew until I can get to the sewing machine after all!

lyburnum

Practically Family
Cross posted to the thrift/yard sale finds thread

This was originally just a spray painted white table, but I repainted it black with mine and my fiancee's initials on it. I'm not totally conviced I like it like this, so I may end up stripping it back down to bare wood. Unfortunately I don't have a before photo for this one.
IMG_0088.jpg

This isn't completely finished, but I'll show you where it's at. It just needs some ribbon round the edges, to hide the staples where I reupholstered it.
Before:
IMG_9450.jpg

After:
IMG_0102.jpg

This was a nasty gold mirror (I've got a hatred for yellow gold). The mirror was broken, so I repainted it glossy black and added some of the left over fabric from my stool project above :D

IMG_0100.jpg

GreyAndWhiteCat; It could be better, I've not done any knitting for ages, so one side ended up being longer than the other!

There is a free pattern you can email for here - http://www.sol.co.uk/c/cbacon/freebiesenglish.htm which looks nicer than mine I think, and the pattern I used is here - http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/hair/snood.htm

I'm going to try out the other one too, just to see which is nicer.

I learned to crochet when I was at uni, as I did a lot of installation work based on various crafts, but I appear to have lost all my hooks at some point over the last 3 years since I last did it!! It wasn't that hard from what I can remember. Think I may purchase some hooks this weekend :D

I have loads of patterns I can email to you if you like. In fact to anyone that so wishes lol

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
GreyAndWhiteCat said:
Thank you dollydaydream. I will try the second pattern first :) Just wondering what W.O.N. stands for?

The owner of http://www.sol.co.uk/c/cbacon/freebiesenglish.htm is making it very difficult for me, to pick just one pattern! I think the crossover jumper looks fun, but I would like to try the snood also, it looks so lovely in the picture. And the footlets look so adoring...

Wool over needle!

GreyAndWhiteCat said:
Thank you dollydaydream. I will try the second pattern first :) Just wondering what W.O.N. stands for?

The owner of http://www.sol.co.uk/c/cbacon/freebiesenglish.htm is making it very difficult for me, to pick just one pattern! I think the crossover jumper looks fun, but I would like to try the snood also, it looks so lovely in the picture. And the footlets look so adoring...

Yup, Wool Over Needle. Thought I would say YO or YRN lol It gets so confusing with the American/English translations, and the fuss of buying needles for a vintage American pattern!!! Oh my!! I make sure I have my US/UK/Metric conversion table with me when I go shopping!!!

I can't decide which pattern to get either!! Though I think I shall go for the snood as I already have a million jumper/Cardigan patterns!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe