Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

I have a tooled leather collar piece with a concho, I guess you would call it a tie. I need to take a pic I guess. I haven't worn it in a long time for the same reason DD mentioned.

Is it a bulldogger tie, HJ? Kenney Vaughan wears them.
image.jpeg

Like Doc Holliday, he died of TB.
I remembered that he was paroled due to health & died shortly after. He's buried in Catoosa, outside of Tulsa & I've been to his grave.

Belle Star is buried SE of Tulsa at her cabin site outside a small town but I don't recall the name without seeing a map. Starts with the letter "P" I think.

I remembered that he was paroled due to health & died shortly after. He's buried in Catoosa, outside of Tulsa & I've been to his grave.

Belle Star is buried SE of Tulsa at her cabin site outside a small town but I don't recall the name without seeing a map. Starts with the letter "P" I think.
Off topic, but the reputed killer of Belle Starr was Edgar Watson, who originally came from my Williams' family area of Edgefield, SC. Watson was acquitted, moved to the Everglades and started a sugar plantation on Chatham Bend. Many unsolved murders and disappearances occurred which were ascribed to Watson. He was eventually killed by a posse of his neighbors in Chokoluskee after the Hurricane of 1910. He was known to wear a wide-brim black Stetson at all times.

Off topic, but the reputed killer of Belle Starr was Edgar Watson, who originally came from my Williams' family area of Edgefield, SC. Watson was acquitted, moved to the Everglades and started a sugar plantation on Chatham Bend. Many unsolved murders and disappearances occurred which were ascribed to Watson. He was eventually killed by a posse of his neighbors in Chokoluskee after the Hurricane of 1910. He was known to wear a wide-brim black Stetson at all times.
Interesting because Watson had already been accused of murder when he came to Oklahoma. Her murder is still unsolved. I always wondered about her last husband Sam Starr. Little was ever said about where he was that night; he was not with her.

Hey Perry, in case you didn't know she was born & raised in Carthage, MO where her parents were hoteliers. As a child she worked in their hotel. The original bldg is long gone & the whole block has been changed.

Calamity Jane was born & raised in Princeton, MO.

Tom Horn was born & raised in Memphis, MO. He ran away from home at age 11. Glendolene Kimmell, 19 yrs Horn's junior, his eventual girlfriend in Wyoming & who could have possibly saved Horn from hanging, was born & raised in Hannibal, MO.

Small world.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82