Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us their hats!

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Perry, in case you didn't know she was born & raised in Carthage, MO where her parents were hoteliers. As a child she worked in their hotel. The original bldg is long gone & the whole block has been changed.

Calamity Jane was born & raised in Princeton, MO.

Tom Horn was born & raised in Memphis, MO. He ran away from home at age 11. Glendolene Kimmell, 19 yrs Horn's junior, his eventual girlfriend in Montana & who could have possibly saved Horn from hanging, was born & raised in Hannibal, MO.

Small world.
That is very interesting, I enjoy history very much. When there is a connection to location, or people involved, it really brings it to life.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Interesting because Watson had already been accused of murder when he came to Oklahoma. Her murder is still unsolved. I always wondered about her last husband Sam Starr. Little was ever said about where he was that night; he was not with her.
Hey Perry, in case you didn't know she was born & raised in Carthage, MO where her parents were hoteliers. As a child she worked in their hotel. The original bldg is long gone & the whole block has been changed.

Calamity Jane was born & raised in Princeton, MO.

Tom Horn was born & raised in Memphis, MO. He ran away from home at age 11. Glendolene Kimmell, 19 yrs Horn's junior, his eventual girlfriend in Montana & who could have possibly saved Horn from hanging, was born & raised in Hannibal, MO.

Small world.
Lots of Wild West figures from the Show Me State. Johnny Ringo was born in Indiana but raised in Missouri. I read "Confessions of Johnny Ringo" years ago, a fictional account of his life and times.
Who really killed Johnny Ringo????

7e9aee0791ad8f36618801af32531b78.jpg

George "Machine Gun" Kelly and his wife, Kathryn Kelly, are photographed at police headquarters in Memphis, Tenn., Sept. 26, 1933. They were captured by police and federal agents for the kidnapping of Charles F. Urschel, a wealthy oil executive of Oklahoma City. (AP Photo)

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Lots of Wild West figures from the Show Me State. Johnny Ringo was born in Indiana but raised in Missouri. I read "Confessions of Johnny Ringo" years ago, a fictional account of his life and times.
Who really killed Johnny Ringo????
It is often told that Johnny Ringo & Jesse James were first cousins but they were not. It was their mothers who were first cousins.

Last edited:
Santa Cruz Mountain's Charles Henry McKiernan, (1825 - 1892)

Pioneer Scout, hunter, rancher, Teamster, & road builder.

IMG_8955.JPG

IMG_8956.JPG

Disfigured in an attack by a wounded grizzly bear, he lived 39 yrs with a silver plate fashioned from 2 Silver dollars plugging a hole in his forehead.

IMG_8958.GIF

After the grizzly attack he always wore his hats low across his forehead to hide the scars & the silver plate.

IMG_8957.JPG

A tough man, in those 39 yrs no one dared to call him Two Dollar Charlie.

Charlie Parkhurst (1812 - 1879)

Known as “One-Eyed Charlie” or “Cockeyed Charlie” after being kicked in the head by a horse & losing sight in one eye at age 30. Worked as a Stagecoach driver for James Birch, the man who established the first stagecoach route to California in 1857. Parkhurst was one of the best drivers on the West Coast and earned the nickname, “Six Horse Charlie”.

IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8960.JPG

IMG_8959.JPG

On December 29th, 1878 Parkhurst died of lung cancer. When his friends dressed the body for burial they discovered to their astonishment that he was really a woman. No one had ever suspected a thing.

IMG_8963.JPG

IMG_8962.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82