Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Share your collection

metalnut

New in Town
I wanted to share my collection of tobacco pipes without actually asking the world to enter my house, so I do it electronically of course. I got a pal to design a website for me www.smokingmetal.co.uk and then set out to photograph the pipes in the collection. It has made me a great number of contacts around the world and better still , some of us share information, and research into our shared hobby. My real favourites at the moment are those that many call art deco, but in reality tend to be 40's 50's pipes with aluminum shanks and some with metal outer bowls, all with changeable briar smoking bowls. As I warn on my website, and you will all agree I am sure
"Wealth Warning...collecting can be addictive"

Metalnut

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Old Razors

Here's a shadow box I made to display some of my old razors. I'm in the process of replacing the normal old razors with odd ball dead end razors.
Top row left to right. Gillette Super Speed, Shake Sharp Self Honing Razor,
Stahly Live Blade wind up razor,Schick Injector, King Osillator. Second row. Gem single edge, Ronson self sharpening razor, Gillette Tech, Old Model Gillette Open Comb, Valet Auto Strop razor.
Bob.
462089340_031d22a970.jpg

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've shown this before...

..but I'm pretty proud of it!
740d616d.jpg

It's quite a conversation piece around my place. This is my grouping of Lennon stylel specs I've collected over the years.

-dixon cannon

MCPRE

Familiar Face
My collection has doubled since this pic.:eek:
I found the old book case at a consignment shop, sanded and painted it with a stone texture paint.
4120272482_5e5fb8197d_b.jpg

4153735606_a5504e1f23_b.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
NEAT! I like them razor's! I only have one but, it's a GEM and from about 1934 or so... came in the original box with a "New Deal" logo on the box! I use it every time I shave, takes a standard razor, love using that thing! Oh and the knifes are just amazing!

I've shared what I collect with many here in the past; I collect lots of stuff and use almost all of it. From clothing of the 20s-50s, radios of the 30s to 40s, 78rpm records, small kitchen appliances, kerosene lanterns, vacuum cleaners, fans and now green Depression glass. lol

I love so much that came from the 20s to the 40s that it's really hard to collect "one thing" so, I buy what I like and find for cheap!

When I have a moment, I'll post some photos and I mean to catch up on my photo posting after work today! I swear!

Can't wait to see more collections!

mrfish

New in Town
Great work gents. My pocket knives are all stuffed in a box, the watches are overstuffed in two cheap display cases, the old clothes are hung with the new, and my books are. . . everywhere. I really have to unclutter the place one of these days.

mrfish

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Various photos of my fountain pen collection, writing paraphernalia and with my two pocket watches thrown in, for decoration every now and then:

DSC06094.jpg

DSC06087.jpg

Case1.jpg

Case2.jpg

AllUncapped.jpg

DSC05441.jpg

move1qh9.jpg

backqb3.jpg

frontuh4.jpg

move2jc9.jpg

Happy to ID any pens or give info on the two watches, if people are interested in them.

(more photos in a later post, couldn't get them all in here).

mrfish

New in Town
Fantastic pens. Is there a good place to go to learn more about fountain pens in general?

mrfish

Digme

New in Town
Thanks for the kind words. I posted the first image in the "Show us your ties!" thread a few months ago.

Here's some more images. The first image posted only shows the printed designs. There is another section of the same hallway that has hand painted ties only. The two sections can be seen here:

Collection1.jpg

Here's the hand painted section:

Collection2.jpg

As you can see, there's still some room at the bottom of the hand painted section for more ties!

It's very difficult to get proper lighting in the narrow hallway, but perhaps I can find some other close-up pics to post next. Thanks~

Foofoogal

Banned
This may be a silly ? but are you done or satisfied with what you have accumulated or are you still on the lookout. As I have no clue how many were made over the years.
Have you found there is a series or such?
You really need to do a book.

Digme

New in Town
That's not a silly question at all!

Many of these ties were found in vintage clothing stores before eBay became a household word. Even after 18 years of collecting, there are still "new finds" that resurface every day :)

One of the questions I posed to the "Show us your ties!" thread was whether or not a vintage necktie book would find a mainstream audience outside of the Fedora Lounge. I think a coffee table book filled with big pictures that would do these colorful ties justice might be enjoyed by folks who don't necessarily wear vintage or collect antiques. What do you think?

Here are a few close-up pics:

Green hand painted:
Collection9.jpg

Red printed:
Collection4.jpg

Blue hand painted:
Collection7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe