Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice!

marineabilly said:
Got this in the mail earlier this past week:

P1060385.JPG

McFarlaneNYC

Familiar Face
Went to the Jcrew "Mens Store" in NYC today. I was disappointed. they had all the work shirts which were nice but all over priced, and when I mean over priced they were asking $98 for a white work shirt that at any other "normal" Jcrew retails for $68. They also had a cotton "Mister Freedom" work shirt for $200+ and a "Mister Freedom" handkerchief for $59. sorta just made me :eusa_doh: :eek:
Back on the topic of workwear. the Work shirts I felt did not seem to thin to me but rather solid.

Charlie

marineabilly

A-List Customer
I just had to have the white JCrew Chambray chinstrap as soon as they were re-released last week on line. Yeah, $98.00 is high, but since I was considering the white MF for over $200, the JCrew didn't sound so bad after all. I just needed to a white chinstrap - I have too many gray's and other non-white colors:D

I should be receiving within the next few days. Oh yah, they kill you on shipping. It's $12.50 minimum plus the $9.50 tax. :eusa_doh:

mike

Call Me a Cab
marineabilly said:
I just had to have the white JCrew Chambray chinstrap as soon as they were re-released last week on line. Yeah, $98.00 is high, but since I was considering the white MF for over $200, the JCrew didn't sound so bad after all. I just needed to a white chinstrap - I have too many gray's and other non-white colors:D

I should be receiving within the next few days. Oh yah, they kill you on shipping. It's $12.50 minimum plus the $9.50 tax. :eusa_doh:

Can I ask, whaddayado for work?

mattfink

Practically Family
McFarlaneNYC said:
Went to the Jcrew "Mens Store" in NYC today. I was disappointed. they had all the work shirts which were nice but all over priced, and when I mean over priced they were asking $98 for a white work shirt that at any other "normal" Jcrew retails for $68. They also had a cotton "Mister Freedom" work shirt for $200+ and a "Mister Freedom" handkerchief for $59. sorta just made me :eusa_doh: :eek:
Back on the topic of workwear. the Work shirts I felt did not seem to thin to me but rather solid.

Charlie

Those work shirts have been $98 since they released them. They have a slightly different version they sell at their outlet stores for about $50 - $60 (they might even be on sale for less). The Mister Freedom stuff is there to make the J. Crew shirts seem affordable. They are supposed to release a chinstrap in a red hue, which I would love to get.

Marineabilly - you are making me sick with this jacket! Damn it! Like the white shirt, but not for me...I never, ever wear white.

mattfink

Practically Family
H.Johnson said:
Aero used to make a jacket very like this, but with a zipper instead of buttons.

Wonder if they'd do it with buttons....the W&W stuff only goes up to a 40 and I need a 44.

mike

Call Me a Cab
DoubleXX said:
Warp & Woof has been releasing some really good products recently...their newsboy caps are killer as well.

Those caps look great! How does one purchase from them? What are their prices like? Any options on materials used?

DoubleXX

One of the Regulars
mike said:
Those caps look great! How does one purchase from them? What are their prices like? Any options on materials used?
---------

-Unfortunately, most Japanese clothing shops refuse to ship overseas. One exception is rakuten.co.jp, but they don't seem to carry Warp & Woof items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld