Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction classic workwear

mattfink

Practically Family
repeatclicks said:
Im a size 32 waist, what size do you think I should get in these?

I would go 1 - 2 sizes bigger. I think that's what they recommend on the Red Kap site.

mattfink

Practically Family
Actually it's 2 - 3 sizes bigger! I think this is because the waist sits higher (more like bottom of the ribs) than on regular jeans.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Wahmaker Roughrider shirt
_1254613729625.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Feraud said:
flat-top, stop in a Kinokuniya bookstore the next time you are in NYC and you can check out the mag for yourself. I enjoy browsing the mag.
So there just so happens to be one of these bookstores in the mall where I work! I thumbed through the latest issue of Free And Easy. The Denim Issue.
Holy @&%! None of it is in English mind you, but the pictures....I felt lightheaded when I was done. An entire magazine devoted to everything I could ever want and nothing I will ever have. Truly inspirational though.
And oh yeah, there was a pic of dearly departed Lounger Mudinyereye in the issue!

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
As far a workwear is concerned, I have a great Hercules chore jacket/coat and a couple of vintage chambray (100% cotton) work shirts. I also purchased a couple of Buzz Rickson repro work shirts and they're really great.

- Ian

Feraud said:
I hope they don't jack up the price on the Dockers line and try to sell them at some exclusive boutique.

$50 says they do. :rolleyes: I am sure they probably won't be too cheap just by reading between the lines in that article. They may look like working man's clothes but the working man sure ain't going to be able to afford it.
Hello Ben Davis for them I guess. :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:

Creeping Past

One Too Many
Not that I know for certain, but I guess Dockers would say that adding more detailing, using old-style stitching and whatnot, and using high quality fabric rather than poly-cotton, would justify a price hike. Also, if you're going to jump on a bandwagon you might as well make some money out of it...

Surely, they'll be heading for a two-tier model, with their relatively cheap and relatively expensive brands complementing each other.

mattfink

Practically Family
flat-top said:
Who would sell this Dockers line? Certainly not Kohl's!

Honestly, I have no idea...bet you're right about Kohl's. Maybe this is their forray back into higher end department stores? I personally think that the Officer's Chinos made by J. Crew are probably the best for the price. I've never been overly impressed with the quality of Docker's myself either. Worth a shot if they improve though.

Feraud

Bartender
Creeping Past said:
Not that I know for certain, but I guess Dockers would say that adding more detailing, using old-style stitching and whatnot, and using high quality fabric rather than poly-cotton, would justify a price hike. Also, if you're going to jump on a bandwagon you might as well make some money out of it...

Surely, they'll be heading for a two-tier model, with their relatively cheap and relatively expensive brands complementing each other.
But how much of a price hike is the question..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe