Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about custom hatmaker finefurhats.com

Iyor

One of the Regulars
I came across a new custom hat maker for which I have not seen any hats posted from. I've bought hats from Art and Tony which I love and I'm thinking of getting one from this maker . Price seems to be pretty cheap and he claims to make his own felt bodies which really got me interested. Question is if anybody has ever seen or felt one of his hats? I believe the hats pictured were once posted as those of Gary White.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Take a look at the Contact page. It's member DRB.

Wow, DRB - making your own felt. Congrats, and I hope everything goes well.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Just got back from his website. Damn, he makes some fine looking hats. When I get in the market for a custom around the first of the year I'm definitely going to give him a call. They look to be worth waiting for.

Just got back from his website. Damn, he makes some fine looking hats. When I get in the market for a custom around the first of the year I'm definitely going to give him a call. They look to be worth waiting for.

I wish Dennis all the luck, but the hats on this page = http://finefurhats.com/fedoras.html seem to be hats he owns but another hatter made, based on posting made to the Lounge.
They may convey the style of hats he intends to produce but that last one is an Optimo 1000 he has posted a few times here.
Dennis please verify.

Oldsarge

One Too Many
The one that particularly caught my eye was on his "Techniques" section.

obj140geo94pg9p5.png

Iyor

One of the Regulars
That one is a Gary White(custom hatter)

my eye was on his "Techniques" section.

obj140geo94pg9p5.png
[/QUOTE]

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Sarge, I'm pretty certain that Gary White is the only custom hatter that has a supply of those Cavanagh edge bodies. If you wanted a hat like this one, you would probably want to be in contact with him.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No, I'm sure that DRB's intentions are pure, and that there is no intended deception. Like GTDean, I think the pics are just to show some pics of some hats in general, using whatever photos DRB had on hand. I've seen a pic of one of his unfinished hats in a photo posted on the Lounge, so I'm sure it's legit :).

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
It is still rather misleading to put up images of items that are not really the ones you are selling...

He could have put up images of the hats that he's made himself (as I assume he must have made some while learning the art...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld