Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
Thanks Perry, Eric and Manfred. I was surprised (and relieved) that the auction wasn't better attended. Will be wearing it a little more this week as the straw season draws to a close.

m0nk

One Too Many
Picked up a Stetson Playboy from Etsy; got a great deal since it's definitely used but it's just what I've been keeping an eye out for. Not yet sure what era it's from, but I'll be looking at the Stetson ID thread tomorrow to figure it out. I'll also try to take more pics, I've just been spending time cleaning and re-creasing it tonight. Alan, I actually based the crease off of your diamond creases since yours always seem perfectly done...

stetson1.jpg

flyfishark

Practically Family
Picked up a Stetson Playboy from Etsy; got a great deal since it's definitely used but it's just what I've been keeping an eye out for. Not yet sure what era it's from, but I'll be looking at the Stetson ID thread tomorrow to figure it out. I'll also try to take more pics, I've just been spending time cleaning and re-creasing it tonight. Alan, I actually based the crease off of your diamond creases since yours always seem perfectly done...

stetson1.jpg

Looks a whole lot better on you than me, Monk!

m0nk

One Too Many
Looks a whole lot better on you than me, Monk!

Thanks, Thought you were a member, the etsy user ID looked familiar. :D

I'll hopefully get some more pics up tomorrow, will be wearing it to work... assuming I can manage to get up for work... still "sipping" some cognac.

m0nk

One Too Many
With minor headache, I've managed to get into work with a few pics in tow. A few more details, too: I dated it to around mid-50's, based on the Stetson tag and liner threads. Brim is 2 1/4", ribbon is 2", and crown height is around 5 1/2" open. A big thanks to flyfishark, from whom this great addition to my collection came.

stetson2.jpg

stetson3.jpg

stetson4.JPG

stetson5.JPG

stetson6.JPG

m0nk

One Too Many
Introduce them to hats as a kid and they'll be addicted for life.
He has inherited two of mine already. I altered a beat-up Akubra Bushman to a stingy brim and added a brownish ribbon in a style similar to Rorschach's hat in Watchmen, which he wears well. He also has an old wool Bailey of mine.

Looks good on you! I'm not familiar with the Playboy sporting such a wide ribbon and over welt brim edge... would love to see some inside picture when you have a chance.

m0nk

One Too Many
Looks good on you! I'm not familiar with the Playboy sporting such a wide ribbon and over welt brim edge... would love to see some inside picture when you have a chance.
Thanks! And I did come across a similar one in one of the Stetson ID threads, though I also haven't seen others with a wide ribbon or welted edge before that. Here's the pics from the inside. These are what I used to date it to mid-50's (not sure if I'm right though):

stetson_inside1.JPG

stetson_inside2.JPG

stetson_inside3.JPG

m0nk

One Too Many
So I have an update on the dimensions of the Playboy, in case it helps anyone else looking at these. As I had mentioned before, I found a pic of one very similar (different color) in the Stetson ID threads and they noted a 2 3/8" brim, so I remeasured, and sure enough, this one is also 2 3/8". Not that it really matters that much, but I like to be accurate. :D

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Introduce them to hats as a kid and they'll be addicted for life.
Monk,
BR Gordons words are so true.
Ive raised 3 boys & started em younger than your Sharp looking kid & he wears the playboy well...well there adults now & wear hats & caps regular & vintage only with the Fedoras better made hat for a better than new price,,,,

OK Thanks to our FL Brother Landman my grand kid is sporting this fine OR/25....He will grow into this fine hat & enjoy its QualitY
Gracias Landman !!:D
OR/25 pics & link - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...w-Hats-Here!&p=1501585&viewfull=1#post1501585
232323232%7Ffp63556%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D356842%3B48234%3Bnu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp635%3B3%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D356%3B34364734%3Bnu0mrj

city slicker & rancher :cool::D
232323232%7Ffp635%3C9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D356%3B34364934%3Bnu0mrj

cityslicker is sporting a very old wool hat even has a overwelt.:cool:

Landman

One Too Many
Che,

Great pictures! I'm glad Tialoc likes his hat. Even though it is a 6 7/8 it looks huge on him. At least he'll get to wear it for awhile before he grows out of it. The City Slicker looks great too! Have a nice weekend with the grandkids.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Landman ! kid has a whole advantage on most of us,,,Majority of the coolest hats are tiny what a future these kids have in hats....
Say why is it a kid can get away with a larger hat & wear it proudly all day & we cry & complain about the perfect fit on us lol
Gracias !!!!

BR Gordon, PRIMO ! ha they love the attention & they know they look good in hats,,,it gets em more attention, Gracias Primo !!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe