Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Great stuff, Che.

It's a shame that our old mate HatsEnough got himself banned, because his photos are no longer in this thread. Did you buy yours from him?

There is still some info on the hat though that you will find of interest.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
David thanks for the link to this hat...Pretty rare Hat WoW.
I have been looking for a Champagne colored hat a long time & here it is.
the seller is from Streamwood Illinois.
Great service & super fast & had some of the info from the link & actually a FL link on the listing...
Dont Know who it is Probably a FL member due to the Knowledge of hat History & link
The seller did enclose a cool letter about its original owner being given the hat from mr Hoyt himself & hats to other Connecticut politicians. the hat supposedly belonged to Rep. Wm. F. Morgan, Repuplican 1948 Connecticut state house of representatives , house seat 159
Cool History & Hat.

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Aha - yes, it is the same hat; HatsEnough/The Colonel does indeed live there. I don't know what he did to get banned, but he has a great hat collection and is very knowledgeable. I miss his input and photos. I've bought from him as well and everything has gone well with the transaction.

I'm surprised he would sell this hat because it is such a rare classic.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
There was the same hat (but im not sure about the color) in a smaller size the same night on ebay for went $100.00 from another seller....so there out there.
he also sold a killer S-100 yesterday for a lot. I got this for $150.00...
its a real nice hat..& i useally stay away from Dress Weights but this is lighter than most & has that sound when you rub it,,,,GooD Beaver here

seabass

Call Me a Cab
HMMM maybe a diffrent hat mine is a 7 1/4 its Champagne color & the inside sticker mentioned here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...y-Hoyt-Hats.&p=1295824&viewfull=1#post1295824
mine says in handwriting (5) under finshed & (51) under depth & 7 1/4 handwritten also....hmm & seems the posting says he's from Cincanitti Ohio. the seller is Colenel & from Ill....
oh well a good home is where its at. & i will post more pics when my grandson visits wearing his OR25 Gifted from Landman ....were a OR type thin ribbon team !

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Great finds, Che! I was considering to bid on the Demon Hanover myself but decided to let it go. I'm glad you won it. How about a "Side By Side/ Hat Comparisons" post with the Demon Hanover versus a few nice ORs/ OR-style hats? Nugde, nudge. :D

The Colonel was quite the source of information. Like David, I don't know either what he did to get banned. The only thing I remember is him eventually making sort of a habit out of making fun of uninformed Ebay sellers.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Johnny%20J%202.jpg

Johnny%20J%202.jpg

New cap more info on Cordova-Handmade-Caps-Johnny-J-s-work thread

Landman

One Too Many
Che, I hope the kid likes the hat and congratulations on the Hanover. I saw that auction and was watching to see what it went for. I thought it would go for a lot more. You made a great buy! That's a great hat with some cool history to it.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Che, I hope the kid likes the hat and congratulations on the Hanover. I saw that auction and was watching to see what it went for. I thought it would go for a lot more. You made a great buy! That's a great hat with some cool history to it.
Landman Heck i Love it & he will for sure ill get some cool pics of us together I miss the kids this weekend no grandpa stuff....
WOW a lot of FL Brother's were watching that what a small world.. I also won a Stetson display sign from the same seller... cool seller he gave me the history info too

J. Hückel´s Söhne Zypher Seal Velour, size 7 3/8, color black, very good condition, made for the American market, probably 1930s. This beautiful hat was graciously offered to me by M_Jones (Hollis), a long time FL poster and collector of fine hats. More details in the German - Austrian thread.

7907701288_c539bcbfa0_b.jpg

7907710794_2c89ccfd4d_b.jpg

7907575046_4d2a66b253_b.jpg

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Interesting Wormser, Robert. May I ask if you like it?

Just curious, as it looks downright peculiar to me. It's as if the weaver died mid-job and no one was around to continue, so someone coupled it up with a common straw hat. Unusual specimen, though!

RBH

Bartender
I had a great day visiting at Buckaroo Hatters.
I also picked up my new Beaver Brown fedora.
Open crowned ...right at 6 inches, brim 2 1\2.

imag0245t.jpg

My phone has died... so I will have to add more photos later.
We had a great time and got alot of shots of us trying on different hats.
So stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe