Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alex

Practically Family
Congrats, Poseidone, on your hat purchase! And, more importantly, your firstborn!

Awesome Stetson and Champ, Mike.

Nice looking purchase, Tommi, I bet you'll enjoy that one!

Very cool Resistol, Mr. P.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I bought this one from buler at Fedorafest III. He found it in a shop near me, where I check by about once a month! It is a very nice Resistol Pace-setter; light brown with a darker brown ribbon. The crown was originally a center dent and only 4 1/4" high. I steamed it out and re-creased it into a c-crown, raising it to almost 5 " in front and 4 inches in the back. It came with a great old box as well. The sweatband shows it was bought in Sherman, Texas; a town 30 miles north of here. Thanks buler! I appreciate the transfer!

ResistolPace-setter013.jpg

Its BEAUTIFUL!!!! Very nice job with the re-creasing! It looks much better with the higher new crown than the old one. Excellent Job, Wade. The color combination is just fantastic!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Hi to all. I'm Francesco and I write from Italy.
P.S.
My wife took this picture a few hours before born of Pietro, our first son.

Welcome Francesco & especially Pietro. Congrats to you & well wishes to your wife.
Have you looked behind the sweatband for any labels in that hat? Lots of the Stetson have a tag with the model name & dimensions. There are so many western styles with very subtle differences.

DRB

One Too Many
Lots of eye candy here. Thanks for sharing. Here is one that arrived today. My first wool and first Stetson. I really like the lines on this hat and bought it ($44 at LLBean) as a model to make a fur one.
StetsonSturgisMarch222011wool.jpg

Alex

Practically Family
This one's new to me, but you guys have probably seen it already. Got this from Johnny J. (Mostly his pictures also)

DSC03129.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

0322011347.jpg

0322011036.jpg

Tommi

New in Town
Thank you all for your kind words!

About the material of my fedora. I don't know much of it, because it was sold me just as "fur felt" - which satisfied me enough - and I didn't remember to ask details of the felt.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This one's new to me, but you guys have probably seen it already. Got this from Johnny J. (Mostly his pictures also)

DSC03129.jpg

Great looking Stetson, Alex!! I bought one just like it not too long ago and its the one that I'm wearing in most of the pictures taken at FedoraFest 3 this year. It looks great on you!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Thanks hatophile and Josh. So the one you wore to FF3 is also an OR clone eh?

The Stetson that I wore to FF3 is a Royal Deluxe. The Royal Stetson and Royal Deluxe are pretty similar in finish and feel. There was only a dollar or two difference in price when the hats were new. My hat doesn't say Open Road anywhere on the hat and it looks like yours doesn't either. I'm pretty sure just based on the dimensions, and overall look of the hat, its almost exactly the same as an Open Road. Ive just been calling it my "Open Road" anyways. Yours is a little later than mine, but only by about 5-8 years. I was fortunate enough to feel and hold a couple 7x CB's while at FF3 and there is a world of difference in feel and finish.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Francesco & Tommi; welcome to both of you! The Lounge is a great place to be and I know you will enjoy it.

Tommi, your custom is very nice and looks good on you!

Francesco, congrats on the baby and the hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe