Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Went antiquing Saturday (see some of my other posts too) and got this Champ, among other things...

DSCN6129.jpg

DSCN6130.jpg

Gene, I have your Champ's brother living with me:

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

I'm not wearing it right now but I believe it's a Champ Diplomat.

Borsalino Homburg "Echter"

I just received this really nice black Echter Borsalino Homburg. It is a size 5 1/2 Punti and is in very good condition. Probably late 1950s.

5469102464_c1979bd00d_b.jpg

5468507499_548a55f4ef_b.jpg

5469103538_1c131c684b_b.jpg

5469103818_e08f295c80_b.jpg

Nelly Calderon

New in Town
While walking around in the small town of Julian, CA I found this cap for sale; besides the diamond shaped "Burberrys" tag in the center it also has a James Lock & Co. tag as well. It is not the "classic" Burberry print so the closest I could find is somenthing called "houndstooth" pattern. The hat is 100% wool and I was wondering if anyone have any information on this lovely cap and if it is worth anything. Thanks for the feedback!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=1835913258616&set=o.135413943146845&theater

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the kind words, DRB!

Rodkins, that VS has really nice proportions. High crowned, and what, about a 2 1/2" brim? I am really starting to like the look of a tall crown with a narrower brim.
Thanks, Chinaski. The brim width is actually 2 1/4". I really like this hat - I feel comfortable in it. My wife says I lowered the back too much. It's always something ;)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Hello everybody,

I've been AWAL for a little while because I was on a week long trip to Florida. Just got back on Tuseday. Before I left, I wanted to buy a cheap panama to take with me. I went the Hats-Plus in Chicago and bought this "cheapie" Panama by Capas. I bought it because I loved the way it looks and it still cost me about 70 bucks. It held up really well during the trip and its made in the good ole' USA. Here's a couple pics, what ya' guys think?

meinfloridapanama3.jpg

meinfloridapanama2.jpg

meinfloridapanama1.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Hello everybody,

I've been AWAL for a little while because I was on a week long trip to Florida. Just got back on Tuseday. Before I left, I wanted to buy a cheap panama to take with me. I went the Hats-Plus in Chicago and bought this "cheapie" Panama by Capas. I bought it because I loved the way it looks and it still cost me about 70 bucks. It held up really well during the trip and its made in the good ole' USA. Here's a couple pics, what ya' guys think?
looks very relaxed-- Florida must have been good to you.

fmw: Is that a new hat in your avatar/profile thingy? that is one fantastic looking homburg.

rodkins: beautiful VS. makes me wonder if I could wear grey-- never even entertained that before.

nice work, everyone!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
As of this afternoon, I'm no longer "waiting" for any hats to arrive... only for a brief moment, I'm sure. Got my Clearwater Derby today. I like the felt and finish, and it's a bit softer than my others, but I don't mind, especially considering it needed a little stretch right out of the box, as well as some minor brim adjusting for symmetry. Dimensions are more toward western, with a 2 3/4" brim (before pencil roll).
The bow was longer toward the back of the hat than toward the front, but I discovered I could move the loop wherever. Not exactly sure what to make of that, but I'm satisfied, given the fact that I really just needed something to wear to work with a black tux and/or topcoat, that wouldn't cost me my first born child.
0022wa.jpg
[/IMG]
009cd.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe