Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Recently in Sydney I dropped in on Rosie Boylan in her studio and picked up one of her straws

IMG_0226.jpg

Good one!

The hat's nice too, by the way.

frussell

One Too Many
Probably posted here in the past by another owner, but new to me. A deep blue Borsalino with tasty crimson binding and ribbon, bought at a great price from a fellow Lounger. First non-black-grey-brown colored hat for me, I'm not much for flash, but this one sure is nice. Hard as hell to photograph without a better camera(man). Frank
P1180088.jpg
[/IMG]
P1180090.jpg
[/IMG]

Neophyte

Probably posted here in the past by another owner, but new to me. A deep blue Borsalino with tasty crimson binding and ribbon, bought at a great price from a fellow Lounger. First non-black-grey-brown colored hat for me, I'm not much for flash, but this one sure is nice. Hard as hell to photograph without a better camera(man). Frank

That hat is simply...incredible!!! That's one of the most striking color schemes I think I've ever seen in my time here :eusa_clap.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
1920's-1930's Heather Felt Medium Longhair (un-branded)

I recently got this hat from Buler. There has been a couple of posts in the "Pre 1940's Dress Hats thread," but this hat deserves some more time in the lime light. Let me just say that this hat is the most incredible hat that Ive had the pleasure to lay my hands on. The felt is incredibly lightweight, yet extremely finely finished. The felt is actually a very well brushed medium length longhair. The brim is finished with a raw edge but it has 3 rows of stitching that go all the way around the brim. The felt molds into any crease that you can throw at it WITHOUT any steam and will stay that way until you physically punch the crown out to open crown position. The sweatband is as soft and malleable as the day it was made. The quality of the leather is incredible. Its 80-90 years old and isn't dried one bit. I mentioned in the holy grail thread that I was looking for a 1920'-1930's hat, and Buler must have read my mind. I LOVE THIS HAT. THANKS AGAIN BILL! Here are some pics:
DSC04718.jpg

DSC04716.jpg

DSC04714.jpg

DSC04712.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

DSC04678.jpg

DSC04680.jpg

DSC04681.jpg

DSC04683.jpg

DSC04684.jpg

Last edited:

danofarlington

I recently got this hat from Buler. There has been a couple of posts in the "Pre 1940's Dress Hats thread," but this hat deserves some more time in the lime light. Let me just say that this hat is the most incredible hat that Ive had the pleasure to lay my hands on. The felt is incredibly lightweight, yet extremely finely finished. The felt is actually a very well brushed medium length longhair. The brim is finished with a raw edge but it has 3 rows of stitching that go all the way around the brim. The felt molds into any crease that you can throw at it WITHOUT any steam and will stay that way until you physically punch the crown out to open crown position. The sweatband is as soft and malleable as the day it was made. The quality of the leather is incredible. Its 80-90 years old and isn't dried one bit. I mentioned in the holy grail thread that I was looking for a 1920'-1930's hat, and Buler must have read my mind. I LOVE THIS HAT. THANKS AGAIN BILL! Here are some pics:
DSC04680.jpg

The store Olson and Darelius at Lake and Nicollet must be Minneapolis. Olson being a Scandinavian name, and the only Lake and Nicollet that I know being in Minneapolis, places the store pretty surely in that city. Also Buhler being in Wisconsin nearby, it makes sense that that's where the hat was bought. It might be an interesting research subject to find out a little something about the store, for Minneapolitans who are into hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld