Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Optimo Natural Silver Beaver

5075898939_face6da0cf_b.jpg

preview-still working out crease.

DRB

One Too Many
5075898939_face6da0cf_b.jpg

preview-still working out crease.

RLK, natural silver beaver. I believe that is the natural color of the underbelly of the beaver? That's not an inexpensive hat. I want to congratulate you on such a beautiful hat. Your collection is so amazing!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

thebroker

One of the Regulars
I think you would be fine in a cattleman's creased Open Road. It is enough of a city hat to go fine. You would probably get a bit more flack if you tried a full western sized brim of 3 1/2 to 4 inches, but the OR should be fine. I wear mine in the city quite often and never feel out of place. Give it a shot!

I realize I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I just ran across this post. I bought my first Open Road on Sunday. It is black, not the traditional silverbelly. I wore it Monday with jeans and a sweater, then again today with a suit and tie. I live in the city, and I got more positive feedback about the OR than about any other hat I've ever bought. It was quite a surprise, really, because I had the same concern as you.

Ottmar Reich Boater

A little late for this one. :) Ottmar Reich Boater that measures around 59cm ( 1963) and in super condition. Ottmar Reich (and this area of Germany) were known for producing straw hats. I really like the ribbon/bow work on this one. Great overall workmanship.

5078284043_5fbaa5da84_b.jpg

5078289627_2c6fd120f6_b.jpg

5078275901_ac76f3917a_b.jpg

5078869290_8c7b70454b_b.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
A little late for this one. :) Ottmar Reich Boater that measures around 59cm ( 1963) and in super condition. Ottmar Reich (and this area of Germany) were known for producing straw hats. I really like the ribbon/bow work on this one. Great overall workmanship.

5078275901_ac76f3917a_b.jpg

That straw work is incredible. It almost looks like an underwelt. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dasmoeturhead

Familiar Face
New Open Road

Finally got it in today. Does this make me an official member?
PA130003.jpg
[/IMG]
PA130001.jpg
[/IMG] Well I reckon I cant post Attachments yet. Hell thats ok, I'm having to much fun doing some profieling with the new OR. Everbody that see's this hat does a double take. I personnaly have never seen a person wear one of these in this neck of the woods. It's good to be differant

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Stetson Nostalgia...PORK PIE!

Just got a Nostalgia in 7 3/4 from the Garland outlet today. I couldn't resist, I have been craving a good high-crowned non-stingy pork pie like Art or Optimo might make, but at an outlet price. The pork pie bash was just calling to me.

nostalgiaside.jpg

nostalgiafront.jpg

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
A little help on you pictures,

Dasmoeturhead

Finally got it in today. Does this make me an official member?

PA130003.jpg

PA130001.jpg

Here is a little help on the code.

I see you got a silverbelly Open Road in the western style. I have one of those that I am in the middle of reshaping and adding a new ribbon to.

Nice hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe