Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
V1King said:
Hello

I´m a newborn hat-lover from Sweden looking for models that may fit me, Just discovered this great forum. Many of you have some good looking hat´s that I would love to have =]. Can I ask what´s the name of that hat-model?

V1King,
If you are referring to the hat in these pics, I would call it a campaign hat, considering the officer's braid on it.
Some might call it a slouch hat, especially Civil War reenactors.
Either way, it would appear to suggest a hat that the military would have worn in the field about a century and a half ago.
Hope that helps and welcome to the Lounge,
Sam

By the way, it's bad luck to put your hat on the bed.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Late 1950's or Early 1960's Dobbs BOATER

Hello everyone,

I got my late 1950's or early 1960's Dobbs boater from ebay about a week ago. The weave of this hat is extremely nice and its extremely stiff. The crown has some taper like most of the 1960's fedoras, but I think it still looks pretty cool.

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

DSC04061.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04063.jpg

DSC04076.jpg

DSC04091.jpg

V1King

New in Town
Sam Craig said:
V1King,
If you are referring to the hat in these pics, I would call it a campaign hat, considering the officer's braid on it.
Some might call it a slouch hat, especially Civil War reenactors.
Either way, it would appear to suggest a hat that the military would have worn in the field about a century and a half ago.
Hope that helps and welcome to the Lounge,
Sam

By the way, it's bad luck to put your hat on the bed.

Thanks a lot for the help and welcome, now I know what direction to go when continuing my search. =]

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:
I like that ribbon Joshbru3; very cool!
150719541 said:
Beauty hat, I like straw hats, it is very nice¡¡¡¡¡
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks guys!! My next boater will be the kind that is stiff but has a snapped brim. I think they are pretty neat. I know that dobbs carried them in the 60's. Theres one in 7 1/8 on ebay right now, but that might be a little big for my head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe