Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Scott Wood said:
p.s. I have managed to work it out of the hats I have done so far by hand massaging the flange. It just takes time...
How are you taking off and putting on the sweat band?? I got some hats that need a bath but I'm terrified to take of the sweat.

rippy444

Familiar Face
150719541 said:
2026167020106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It is a Cuenca, woven in Ecuador, hard montecristi straw, in warm times is good.:) :) :)

Great Hat

Dave E

One of the Regulars
Stetson Downs

GreyStetson1.jpg

Torn between another Stetson and Christys as my next hat (it is entirely clear to me that I need a brown fedora very soon. The quality of the Stetson is definitely better than the Christys I've got, though.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Dave E, that hat suits you well. You can almost pass for one of the hipster crowd as it's not too tall of a crown and has some taper. You wear it well. You really DO need a brown lid. (And putty, and moonstone, and gray, etc., etc...)

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
Dave E said:
Stetson Downs

GreyStetson1.jpg

Torn between another Stetson and Christys as my next hat (it is entirely clear to me that I need a brown fedora very soon. The quality of the Stetson is definitely better than the Christys I've got, though.

Dave E,
That hat looks great on you. How wide is the brim on that one?

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
suitedcboy said:
Aureliano,
That has to be the hat that was the inspiration for the hat in your avatar.
Great Find! Great Hat!
lol lol :p you're right! I hadn't noticed!
I need help dating it. Take a peek at the Borsalino thread for more detailed pictures.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
1950's Stetson 3X Dress Western

I think this is late '50s based on the taggage. It has the nice feel of vintage 3X felt, but a stiffer western brim - not near as soft and floppy as the '20s Boss Raw Edge I picked up recently. Also has a dark-green frayed bow. Re-blocked it to fit me, which is why the pieces are shown separate.

Stet3XSideUnB.jpg

Stet3XSide.jpg

Stet3XFront.jpg

Stet3XTag.jpg

Stet3XBow.jpg

Stet3XPieces.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
I think this is late '50s based on the taggage. ...

I was scrolling bottom to top, of course, since my click took me to the last post. When I arrived at this pic with the frayed ribbon I had a gut feeling that it belonged to you, ScottF - wonder why? :)

Stet3XSide.jpg

The frayed bow is all the more interesting given the young (for you) vintage of the hat.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
I think this is late '50s based on the taggage. It has the nice feel of vintage 3X felt, but a stiffer western brim - not near as soft and floppy as the '20s Boss Raw Edge I picked up recently. Also has a dark-green frayed bow. Re-blocked it to fit me, which is why the pieces are shown separate.

Love that one, Scott. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe