Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Salty O'Rourke said:
Adam milan in Pewter - 60s/70s perhaps?

4465119026_b157402779.jpg

4464343669_c902c8bc1a.jpg

OOH! I like that one! :eusa_clap

Mr E Train

One Too Many
ScionPI2005 said:
OOH! I like that one! :eusa_clap

I dig it too. My new Pinzano Milan fedora looks like it was modeled after it. The color's about the same, but the Adam's hat band looks cooler, and it's cooler because, well, it's an Adam. :D

truman.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Thanks, Scion/Mr. E Train - I don't usually like a stingy brim, but it seems to work with this lid I think perhaps because of the high crown. Come on, warm weather!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Scott Wood said:
I did a minimum bid thing on a hat for two reason...
It was a Resistol, which I like
It was gold velour, which is fairly unusual :D
I won and have now received the hat and I think I am going to keep it as is and wear it as is :D I love it:p
100_0426.jpg

100_0427.jpg

Woody, I'm fairly certain yodeling is mandatory with that one! It's different, but I like it...

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
ScionPI2005 said:
That's a nice one, Kaonashi! How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? Be sure to post pics when you take it out for the weekend.

And that's a great Strat. Buler!

Thanks ScionPI2005, i paid $19.99 + shipping for it, and I really like it!! :D

rippy444

Familiar Face
New hats

I just collected two Dobbs Shantung Panama hats from Fifth Ave. New York. Paid 17.00 for one and 15.00 for the other, both new with tags. Also picked up a Borsalina Alessandria Italiano for $45.00. How did I do? I like the hats you men picked up. I haven't found that league yet.

lol :) :eusa_clap :eek: :eek:

Scott Wood

Practically Family
rippy444 said:
I just collected two Dobbs Shantung Panama hats from Fifth Ave. New York. Paid 17.00 for one and 15.00 for the other, both new with tags. Also picked up a Borsalina Alessandria Italiano for $45.00. How did I do? I like the hats you men picked up. I haven't found that league yet.

lol :) :eusa_clap :eek: :eek:
If you are looking for a nice simple new Panama, I just got one of the new Extra Finos from Berkeley Hats. I think it is http://www.berkeleyhats.com

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Before

Got this JCP Marathon from the bay at, I think a pretty good price. It was listed as being their "Whippet Clone" with an original JCP price sticker at $5.95 and was pretty dirty, misshapen and has a few moth nibbles.
The before shots:
100_0428.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0430.jpg

100_0431.jpg

These don't really show the dirt very well[huh]

Scott Wood

Practically Family
indycop said:
Are you using a block? It looks good but also looks like it lost the defined break between the crown and brim.
Yes to the Naphtha bath and all I have is a stretcher block so, as you pointed out IC, the flange gets crapped out:eusa_doh: . I am looking to get what I need to re-flange them, at least to some extent, while I am doing the reshape thing.[huh]
Should anyone have any suggestions in the area, please feel free to instruct/suggest:rolleyes:

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
Yes to the Naphtha bath and all I have is a stretcher block so, as you pointed out IC, the flange gets crapped out:eusa_doh: . I am looking to get what I need to re-flange them, at least to some extent, while I am doing the reshape thing.[huh]
Should anyone have any suggestions in the area, please feel free to instruct/suggest:rolleyes:
p.s. I have managed to work it out of the hats I have done so far by hand massaging the flange. It just takes time...

buler

I'll Lock Up
Almost a new hat...

Well, I've had it a while and it still needs a ribbon and sweat, but I finished blocking it and it looks like a hat now!

Moral of the story. Don't always pass up the womens hats.

B

Was the elephant man's hat in this pic:

yesterday.jpg

Now its:

buntal_2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe