Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Stetson Open Road circa 1950

Won this on ebay in June but just started to wear it yesterday. Was rebuilt by Gus Miller of Batsakes in OH. Any input on exact dating would be appreciated.

OREH.jpg

4.jpg

ORinsidedetail.jpg

ORorigband.jpg

ORgusband.jpg

ORinside.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Wisconsin invades Northern Illinois

Went across the border today to see what I could find. Came home with the Stetson Open Road on the right, a Lock & Co. boater, a 7 3/8 952 block, and the boxes. Also had the Lee Trinity waiting on the front porch crushed up in a tiny box. Luckily the Lee went back in shape pretty well.

B

illinois.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
buler said:
Went across the border today to see what I could find. Came home with the Stetson Open Road on the right, a Lock & Co. boater, a 7 3/8 952 block, and the boxes. Also had the Lee Trinity waiting on the front porch crushed up in a tiny box. Luckily the Lee went back in shape pretty well.

B

illinois.jpg

What a haul! Hope the customs duties weren't too stiff coming back across the border. ;)

Sue

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:

B

Buler, you never cease to amaze me. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Love the look of that Lee Trinity...

Cheers,
JtL

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
buler said:

He shoot, he SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORES!

CRH

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
Buler, you never cease to amaze me. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Don't believe JTL, Buler. My guess is that the SHS has been tailing you for months. You better check your pad for bugs. Look for assorted hats that you can't remember ever seeing before. Better check your vehicle(s) too. It's your suppliers that they really want to know about.

:eek:

:p

Roninjedi

One of the Regulars
I just got my first fur felt today!

I ordered a Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone and it finally arrived today. This is just a dry bash, fresh out of the box. Y' know it's raining quite a bit where I live. I may just take it out in the rain sometime this weekend and let Nature help me with the bash. I'm sure I'll be playing with the look of the hat a bit more before I'm satisfied.

3914524152_1955231aa2.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Roninjedi said:
I ordered a Akubra Federation IV in Moonstone and it finally arrived today. This is just a dry bash, fresh out of the box. Y' know it's raining quite a bit where I live. I may just take it out in the rain sometime this weekend and let Nature help me with the bash. I'm sure I'll be playing with the look of the hat a bit more before I'm satisfied.

Well, you're off to a helluva start, R. The rain trick is a good one, though. Really allows you to 'sculpt' the shape you want.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Roninjedi said:

If you had got a brown one with a black ribbon then it would have gone good with your shirt and the door!lol lol :D
Looks good!:eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
handlebar bart said:
Well Roninjedi I best get on the bandwagon......that new lid looks great, you are off to a great start.:eusa_clap

Get yer thumbs out ladies and gentleman 'cause this thread will only last forever!

mban1032l.jpg

bw-1958JulCover.jpg

band_wagon.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
Get yer thumbs out ladies and gentleman 'cause this thread will only last forever!

bw-1958JulCover.jpg

If memory serves me correctly this wagon is an International group of Lawyers. I'm not sure who's drive'n the Clydesdales.

Dreispitz

One Too Many
CRH said:
If memory serves me correctly this wagon is an International group of Lawyers. I'm not sure who's drive'n the Clydesdales.

Telling from the hat, his feeling for horses and his empathetic aura, the driver is most probably a mediator :D lol lol

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Spats McGee said:
Well, I was on the road for the past two days, because I had to meet with some lawyers in my hometown (Mountain Home, Arkansas) because I'm trying to get a job there. (Oh, and I wore my mid-gray Stylemaster to both meetings). RBH had sent it & it is one of Major Moore's creations. It's just a touch too long front-to-back, and a bit wide, so it's going to be a perfect fit when all is said and done. The felt & sweat are markedly softer than my Stylemasters, and the ribbon, bow & brim edge are all dark green, so dark that it took us a while to figure out if they were green, navy, or black.

With that hat, you should get any lawyerin' job you want. Looking good!

Mr. Paladin

CRH said:
Royal Stetson fresh off the bay....

Street sweeper or Dorky Dad. You decide.

hpim1436w.jpg

FRENCHY-GETTY_92901s.jpg

CR-H / Hackman....close resemblance....cousins? You don't look like any streetsweeper I ever saw; I think the guy with the shotgun takes care of that!

You pull off that "brim up" style very well; very nice hat!

Mr. Paladin

WineGuy said:
Won this on ebay in June but just started to wear it yesterday. Was rebuilt by Gus Miller of Batsakes in OH. Any input on exact dating would be appreciated.
OREH.jpg

Classic! Excellent choice for wearing anytime. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe