Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dundee

A-List Customer
bolthead said:
I really like the Lid you're wearing in your Avatar, what is it?
Bolthead, that is called a Mosby derby. It is one of my reenactment hats. It is made by the Clearwater hat company. They make some very good historicaly correct period hats at a very reasonable price.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 3X Open Road

This 3X just arrived, and, as advertised, it is in mint, open crown condition. Really nice felt. Brim is 2 7/8" wide. This one was an absolute pleasure to crease...

OpenCrown-28.jpg

Liner-28.jpg

3X-1-1.jpg

3X-3.jpg

3X-2-1.jpg

3X-5.jpg

3X-4.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Tardan Especial

3884883198_3960038e00_o.jpg

Rectangular crease in crown and crescent ventilation piercings. More details to come if interested in Western,Anyone?

jimmy the lid said:
This 3X just arrived, and, as advertised, it is in mint, open crown condition. Really nice felt. Brim is 2 7/8" wide. This one was an absolute pleasure to crease...

OpenCrown-28.jpg

3X-4.jpg

Cheers,
JtL
How does that song go..."Feels like the First Time...."
Very nice Chief. I know how you enjoy deflowering those pristine ones. :eek:
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Schoble: The Spinner

I have never seen a hat like this, so thought I'd post all the details. It has a foil size tag, a liner tip with the name of the hat store (not Schoble), and notice the spool of thread in the manufacturer's sweatband logo. 2 3/8" brim, 5.5" unbashed crown. All aspects of it are built well, and I'm guessing it's early 40s.

SchobleSideUnB.jpg

SchobleSweatTags.jpg

SchobleLabel.jpg

SchobleMe2.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That's a great one. :eusa_clap
Dinerman has/d something like that. The Baron also had a Knox Tom'n'Jerry with one continuous spiral, though the photos seem to be gone.
Dinerman said:
1930s "the sportster" with concentric stitching
IMG_7954.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
That's a great one. :eusa_clap
Dinerman has/d something like that. The Baron also had a Knox Tom'n'Jerry with one continuous spiral, though the photos seem to be gone.

Thanks jtl, Lefty. I was tempted to guess '30s on this one as well; however, that might be putting a 'spin' on it. :eek:

It was an ebay pick-up - very strange-looking in the ebay listing.

Schoble Spinner on ebay

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Marc Chevalier said:
Scott, I'd kill for such a hat -- and in my size, too. Take cover! lol Did you pay a low price for it?

It's from the mid 1930s. I've seen ads for identical hats in Esquire and Apparel Arts issues from 1934 and '35.

Marc - thanks for the info. Based on the ebay pic, I was cautiously optimistic. Very, very thrilled when I opened the box.

jwalls

Vendor
NEW HAT

Gentlemen; I have just ordered a custom made 100% beaver fedora. If you all are interested I'll try to get pictures of the complete process. This might give everybody a chance to see the way custom hat are made. Black Jack

ValEag

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
I have never seen a hat like this, so thought I'd post all the details.

SchobleMe2.jpg

ScottF - that is one nice looking lid! I'm curious about one thing looking at the construction - is it cooler to wear than a 'regular' fur felt? Looks like it would be able to breathe a little bit more. Really nice.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
jimmy the lid said:

OpenCrown-28.jpg

Liner-28.jpg

3X-1-1.jpg

3X-3.jpg

3X-2-1.jpg

3X-5.jpg

3X-4.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

I'm surprised you didn't have one already! It's amazing how beautiful the very normal/standard hats can be...that's really gorgeous.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
ValEag said:
ScottF - that is one nice looking lid! I'm curious about one thing looking at the construction - is it cooler to wear than a 'regular' fur felt? Looks like it would be able to breathe a little bit more. Really nice.

Thanks. It's just normal fur felt - the lines are decorative stitching.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A new lid arrived at my house yesterday, or I should say rearrived. It came from the bay a couple of weeks ago with a center dent which I steamed back to open. The seller said he had sent it to Chicago for a clean and reblock and then put it away and never wore it. Except for some orange discoloration of the liner it's nearly as pristine as a new one.

IMG_1371-1.jpg

IMG_1372-1.jpg

IMG_1373-1.jpg

After I opened the crown I sent it off to Motown to my friend, the creasemeister, Jimmy, who did his magic and returned it to me looking like a Whippet should look. Thanks, Jim! It's beautiful!

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe