Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Latest VS

Got it awhile back, but here's a beauty from Art Fawcett. Silverbelly with diamond crown and burgandy ribbon.
SilverBelly1.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
StylinLA said:
Went right to the source of the Dillinger hat from PUBLIC ENEMIES; Graham Thompson at OPTIMO.

Hat is blocked a little differently than the movie version and lower crown.

Oxblood, 2.5 inch brim with underwelt. (The hat in the movie is evidently 1 7/8 brim).

I really like his new liner color.

That's way cool! Did Graham throw in a few hundred rounds of .30-06 for your BAR? :eusa_doh: :whistling

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
StylinLA said:
Went right to the source of the Dillinger hat from PUBLIC ENEMIES; Graham Thompson at OPTIMO.

Hat is blocked a little differently than the movie version and lower crown.

Oxblood, 2.5 inch brim with underwelt. (The hat in the movie is evidently 1 7/8 brim).

I really like his new liner color.

Great looking lid! I'm planning a pilgrimage to Optimo in October. I'd better take my credit card. :eek:

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
StylinLA said:
Got it awhile back, but here's a beauty from Art Fawcett. Silverbelly with diamond crown and burgandy ribbon.
SilverBelly1.jpg

I NEED a hat exactly like that! Beautiful!

StylinLA

Familiar Face
ScottF said:
I NEED a hat exactly like that! Beautiful!
Tough photographing these hats....it looks sort of neutral colored in the photo...or maybe beige or off white.

But in the real world it's a light, light gray. If you wear it with gray suit, it really brings the gray out.

I believe Silverbelly is a classic cowboy "dress" hat color. I also think it's commonly used on the Stetson Open Road and the Penny's Marathon (as seen on Jeff Bridges in the movie SEABISCUIT.)

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
rlk said:
Put this on my head and it just kept going. The size tag is wrong, its really a 7-1/2(stamped on underside of sweat) and generous at that. This is a big hat, 6" open crown and 2-3/4" brim. 23-11/16" Circumference(8-1/4"x6-3/4"). Good bit of dust, I think the areas that appear a little lighter would probably disappear with a proper cleaning. The original basher stuffed it low ala Bogart to 4-1/4 at the center front and 4" at the rear.
Do you want to get rid of this beaut? I'm a 7 1/2.. :)

Mr. Paladin

StylinLA said:

That is a beautiful hat, StylinLA. That color and ribbon are incredibly well suited for each other and you did well with the wider brim choice. Looks like quality inside and out!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

StylinLA said:

Guess I should read on down:eusa_doh: ; just found your Art Fawcett pic as well. Geez, two beauties like those:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap !

Kreissaege said:
Unfortunately, it was a very very roomy size 62, so it will take some serious shrinking before I can even consider giving a bash and wearing it in:
2682009.jpg
My Glen Grey seemed to be the largest of my 3 Campdrafts. With soaking for creasing & letting it dry quickly is sunlight, it drew up nicely. I don't need spacers behind the sweatband anymore. I didn't have quite that much to shrink, tho. Best of luck...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82