Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Granville

One of the Regulars
View attachment 414643

Stetson Whippet - Light Brown
Milk Chocolate Felt
5 1/2 Open Crown - 4 3/4 as shaped
1 3/4 Dark Brown Grosgrain Ribbon
2 1/2 Brim with Contrasting 3/8 Binding
tweak out some wrinkles here and there. But that’s for another day. Thanks again Bob for the heads up.
Wow! I'm going to have to start considering some of the more distressed looking hats I see online and become a resurrectionist.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Two new hats in two days. This Dobbs Homburg from Brent @deadlyhandsome arrived today. The fit is perfect. The colour is a very dark navy blue with purple ribbon and binding. I can’t wait to see how it looks in natural light.
1269E385-5DA5-44D7-8145-473ADC89F73F.jpeg
9501F28B-4B65-4C20-B077-85ABB81663B2.jpeg
AD12055C-C3C9-4211-96EE-182913BFB958.jpeg
A1A24A2C-D239-4E76-BFF6-E27287328C1A.jpeg
97073BFC-1731-4FB8-B457-9906AF342935.jpeg

Very happy with both of my new purchases.

Two new hats in two days. This Dobbs Homburg from Brent @deadlyhandsome arrived today. The fit is perfect. The colour is a very dark navy blue with purple ribbon and binding. I can’t wait to see how it looks in natural light.
View attachment 415072 View attachment 415073 View attachment 415074 View attachment 415075 View attachment 415076
Absolutely beautiful hat! Looks great on you. I love this color combo. I have a few now that are black with that sort of black cherry binding. I’d love to see this one in the sun to see if you can capture more of the blue.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
Absolutely beautiful hat! Looks great on you. I love this color combo. I have a few now that are black with that sort of black cherry binding. I’d love to see this one in the sun to see if you can capture more of the blue.
Thanks Joe. It really is a dark dark blue. So much so that Brent wasn’t entirely sure if it was blue or black when I first asked him. The difference is clearer when placed next to a black hat, though.
5F2D1512-E6C5-4031-AF2F-341AFA38A044.jpeg

I’m also looking forward to seeing it in the sunlight.

Rumad

One Too Many
View attachment 415072 View attachment 415073 View attachment 415074 View attachment 415075 View attachment 415076
What a fantastic hat, love the colors. I can’t wait to see some sunny day pictures too. It looks right at home on you as well. Great get.

I’m glad it arrived safely and that it fits, Gary. I love homburgs and you wear them well. You’re well on your way to a serious case of HAS. :)

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
I’m glad it arrived safely and that it fits, Gary. I love homburgs and you wear them well. You’re well on your way to a serious case of HAS. :)
And you, sir, are responsble for that. You, a certain Dutchman, an Italian and also several others here who haven't sold me hats (yes, you @Steve1857, Joe @Blare, Alan @Rumad and many more.)

Last edited:

Mighty44

One Too Many
This is a Stetson St. Regis that was languishing on EBay. I’d always been curious about converting a homburg to a fedora. A super talented friend of mine took this on and it turned out beautifully. It really has a Whippet feel and the dimensions are perfect—5 1/2 open crown and 2 1/2 brim. This one is going to get a ton of head time—it’s super comfortable and because it’s a conversion I feel less precious about it than I would a vintage whippet.

Enjoy the weekend!

David

7BCC9BDC-8424-4330-BBB2-EEC5482E4D23.jpeg
0C4AE801-89B7-429E-A0F0-9F288CA362E5.jpeg
U
C291EE80-3B85-4098-BDB7-F16C9DD57650.jpeg
2E1EFE85-59D0-49B5-9E9D-B3213685E202.jpeg

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab
This is a Stetson St. Regis that was languishing on EBay. I’d always been curious about converting a homburg to a fedora. A super talented friend of mine took this on and it turned out beautifully. It really has a Whippet feel and the dimensions are perfect—5 1/2 open crown and 2 1/2 brim. This one is going to get a ton of head time—it’s super comfortable and because it’s a conversion I feel less precious about it than I would a vintage whippet.

Enjoy the weekend!

David

View attachment 415299 View attachment 415300 U View attachment 415302 View attachment 415301
That felt-ribbon-brim binding contrast is superb!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Enjoy the weekend!

David

View attachment 415299 View attachment 415300 U View attachment 415302 View attachment 415301
Your friend did a super job, David. I agree with Gary too about the colour contrasts. A stand out hat all round, I'd say.

Enjoy the weekend!

David

David… your super talented friend did a fabulous job! I got the exact same vibe. Who woulda think a St Regis is essentially a whippet with a brim curl.

Mighty44

One Too Many
That felt-ribbon-brim binding contrast is superb!

Your friend did a super job, David. I agree with Gary too about the colour contrasts. A stand out hat all round, I'd say.

David… your super talented friend did a fabulous job! I got the exact same vibe. Who woulda think a St Regis is essentially a whippet with a brim curl.
Thanks guys—much appreciated and I will pass on the praise to my friend!

Agnoulita:

Enjoy the weekend!

David

Some will blanch anytime a vintage hat is modified, but this conversion came out so well I don’t think anyone can complain.

Getting the brim of a homburg to flange right as a fedora isn’t always easy. Many homburgs also have the wider brim binding on the underside of the brim so it’s visible when the brim is curled…did your friend remove and re-sew the binding?

Rumad

One Too Many

Enjoy the weekend!

David

Yes, yes. Well done. It looks excellent.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Agnoulita:

Some will blanch anytime a vintage hat is modified, but this conversion came out so well I don’t think anyone can complain.

Getting the brim of a homburg to flange right as a fedora isn’t always easy. Many homburgs also have the wider brim binding on the underside of the brim so it’s visible when the brim is curled…did your friend remove and re-sew the binding?

Yes, yes. Well done. It looks excellent.
Thanks fellas -- Brent, yes, he removed the original binding and added this one. He did an amazing job on the stitching, it looks perfect.

D

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Agnoulita:

I have to admit that I did close my eyes and thought oh, no, when reading it had been changed from a Homburg to a Fedora. Then I saw the photos.

You're right, Brent. David's friend has done an excellent job. Plus, how many hat collectors can say they have a Stetson St. Regis Fedora? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe