Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Phineas Lamour

Practically Family
2013-06-22194731_zpsa0520a4c.jpg

Picked up this Bailey Down Under at a yardsale for 50 cents. Going to the Conversion Corral.

doberdadinmd

One of the Regulars
Has anyone seen an interior like this before for Brooks Brothers? All of the ones I've seen by Lock & Co or Herbert Johnson made for BB mention that on the liner. This just seems to be sewn in a rather haphazard manner and is even crooked.

2udedusy.jpg

Sending off to Optimo to resew the sweatband in...any thoughts on having them add a new liner?

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of four Biltmore straws than arrived in a box with an unbranded straw. Two of the Biltmores have cloth tags attached to the sweatband, which from the font I would think date from the 80's (original price ticket of $22.50 still attached), the other two had this sticker, and the same sweat band with perforated front. Any Biltmore experts able to give an idea of age?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
I have a similar straw by Churchill which was a Poirotesque Homburg before I altered it. Nice straw - not the braided Milan quality of Cavanaghs but it is better ventilation-wise in summer.

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a similar straw by Churchill which was a Poirotesque Homburg before I altered it. Nice straw - not the braided Milan quality of Cavanaghs but it is better ventilation-wise in summer.

Yes not the loveliness of a Milan, but not bad looking and practical.

Some shots of the other three Biltmores - I think the cloth tagged ones are probably 80's, but it's a guess:

The unbranded straw that came with them was a bit of a make-weight, but these four were worth the BIN.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Al. Really tight and firm weave proved better than anticipated-and less a decimal place on the price after Optimo.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe