Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

job

One Too Many
I try to wear all my hats but I have boxed up several that don't seem to get worn anymore.

I have scored a few caps lately that will be cutting into the time I have for wearing felts now.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Arrived today - lightweight Silverbelly VS.
Thanks Art, this is a perfect hat for summer evenings.

smugshot_443670-L.jpg

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Scored two blue hats today! Another member traded me a medium blue Champ Deluxe for my grey Dobbs 15. It's awesome; I've been looking for a wide brim blue felt for a while now.

I also won a blue Dobbs homburg from the 'bay. Today was a good day!! :cool:

Pics to come.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Out of Vogue

My first real boater hat. '40s or '50s Dobbs.

CIMG5279_zpsf578541a.jpg

I am wondering about the time frame here , did hat companies keep making boaters into the 1950's ?

Not trying to slight you or anything like that at all , so I am wondering if any of our hat expert's here can answer this
question: that is ,when did they stop making straw boaters en mass .

I would assume that they went out of vogue say late 30's or early 40's ( from pictures of those era's)but not too sure on that
either .
Please educate us here on this subject, thanks in advance

All the Best,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Got a great little old Stetson 5X. No idea how old it is. The lady I got it from told me it was a 7 12. No size tag on it, looks like it was ripped off. It was a tight squeeze over my head. Apparently she cleaned it so it could have shrunk.... oh my. I think she put it in the wash. It was cheap I bought it anyway and am trying to stretch it back up to a 7 1/2. Could take a while. also a Canadian sweat band.

Johnny

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe