Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PORTIS PATH

You need to post this hat in the Bowler and Derby thread, it needs a bump anyway. The size sticker on the seam of the sweat is interesting. Old Stetsons show up with a round one, the diamond shape of this one is cool. Dating of this hat will be challenging without mfg tags, but there are folks who follow this thread that are really Yoda like.

fetching

New in Town
I just picked up a Portis at a vintage store in Burbank.

image1_2.JPG
image2_1.JPG

fetching

New in Town
Thanks guys! I had popped into this vintage store where I've bought a few lovely hats from, and they had a nice Stetson that fit me perfectly but it wasn't priced and they said I needed to wait till the next day when the owner came in. So when I went back to get the Stetson, this was sitting there, it had just come in. It's a little large for me, but I collect hats, so I was happy to pick it up.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Portis hats were top quality. Many had non-typical ribbon treatments and other nice details. Very under-rated it seems, but competition between the big hat makers was pretty fierce so I think the bigger companies dominated the markets by advertising more.

Reactions: RJR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld