Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OTHER THAN eBAY Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Landman

One Too Many
Rick,

I'm just now seeing your Bulldogger. That is a very cool hat. Did it turn out to be as nice in person as it looks in the pictures?

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
I visited some of the thrift stores in my area today in the hope of finding a hat in decent condition. I found a few wool fedoras, but nothing to fit my size 7 head. Even though I had no luck, the highlight of today's hunt was spotting a Knox Panama in pretty decent shape. Unfortunately, the 7 5/8 Long Oval is much too large for me. The hunt continues...

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Waiting for these three to arrive. This pink one has a braid on top of it which I absolutely dislike, but the color of the hat and the style won me over. I think the braid is so distracting and wish the milliner didn't put it on it all those years ago. Maybe I will change my mind once I try it on:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/162880239?ref=fb2_tnx_title

This is a BEAUTIFUL 20s wide brimmed hat from the same seller. I will be looking forward to wearing it next summer. I have about 2 other hats made by the same maker, Fahnley Hats:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/162880240?ref=fb2_tnx_title

And this one, I am going to take the ostrich feathers out when I get it. Again, I don't like it and I think its too distracting from the beauty of the hat. This is an early 1930s slouch hat:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/164263509?ref=fb2_tnx_title

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Waiting for these three to arrive.

Great hats, Smoothie! I agree, that the ostrich feather makes the cloche look a bit too Christmas tree like, but I'm not sure about the "shoe-lace" in the first. The feature may not add to the beauty, but it may be a fun little detail - depending on the wearer and her other clothing ("fun" is probably not the best translation, but I can't find other words right now. I don't mean "comic", if that helps) :)

Number two is really beautiful. I'm not shure how to handle the girl's face in the Fahnley logo, though ... a bit disturbing, if you ask me :D

Another great score. Congratulations

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Great hats, Smoothie! I agree, that the ostrich feather makes the cloche look a bit too Christmas tree like, but I'm not sure about the "shoe-lace" in the first. The feature may not add to the beauty, but it may be a fun little detail - depending on the wearer and her other clothing ("fun" is probably not the best translation, but I can't find other words right now. I don't mean "comic", if that helps) :)

Number two is really beautiful. I'm not shure how to handle the girl's face in the Fahnley logo, though ... a bit disturbing, if you ask me :D

Another great score. Congratulations

I have to hope that the feathers can be removed without too much trouble. Wouldn't want to remove it and damage the hat. I'll know when it gets here.

I'm hoping that I'll like that shoelace when it arrives. Everytime I look at the picture of the hat, I grimace at how out of place it looks on the hat, but I have seen that style before. We'll see!

I noticed that funny looking girl on the logo too!, LOL. I wonder if she is modeled after a real person? But I do they make darn good hats that's for sure!

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Etsy

Shuster Bros. Fedora. I am thinking pre 1930s for this one.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388248233905.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388248233905.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 778
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388248243567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388248243567.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 773

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looking forward to your "after" pic. Nice grab.

Returned it.

There was extensive tracking under the brim (could've lived w/ that) but the dealbreaker was a deep round moth hole, front & about 2 degrees off center.
Looked like a ZIT in the middle of my forehead -no way to hide THAT & I don't wanna try. :mad:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thinkin' of Summer already

I got these two recently. The Lee on etsy the Stetson on eBay.
I always wanted to check out the Stetsons made just for the OLD Miller hats. Still suffers from SCS (Stetsonia Corona Sublimitas) aka Stetsons Low-Ass Crown Syndrome. Other than that, maybe a step or two above the Retro but still just a brisa. Panama Bob could exceed this in his sleep! Don't get me wrong, a nice hat I'll be wearing lots. I really like the faint crease atop the crown... as though it was once folded & rolled.

The LEE above, however, looks a winner. I love the blocky crown. But just how does Swiss Milan differ from, er, Milanese Milan? [huh]
Looks to be unworn. The flash pug may have worked in my favor, eh?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82