Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My recent experience with Alexander Leathers...

I think 4 pages back Bob said that his jacket had just been recently ordered.
I can't imagine Amanda being anything but kind and helpful (no matter where she's at) as I happily delt with her for many years...but then I can't imagine what happened at Aero...but it did.
HD

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Well IBTL - I used to be on a forum like this but it was dedicated to a particular flight sim... IL2 Sturmovik. The game, built by Russian software desingers was and still is the BEST combat flight sim ever developed. However, in that it initiated with air combat over the Russain Front, Brits and Americans felt "shortchanged". Eventually the entire war was covered in expansions and new games BUT battle lines quickly developed as many felt the Luftwaffe planes were overly developed (Ubered) while U.S. and British planes (particularly the Mustang) were under developed (nerfed) giving the Axis an unfair advantage. Guys that had never seen a warbird in real life much less flown one in combat were fightin' each over tooth and nail about flight models, damage models everything BUT swimsuit models. The fights over there make this place look like International Rotary or Sunday School. Of course here's a little different as there's more than "rep" involved... there's dollars, pounds and euro's at stake. Me, I'm still a relative noob here. I've three aeros but that does not an expert make. I can't evaluate AL products simply cause I don't own any. I've insufficient standing to call anyone a shill.

That being said there are people here I know and trust. They've earned my trust and, in some instances, my hard earned dollars. They've also well over 10,000 posts between them. So if'n they tell me there's something rotten in Denmark (no offense my friends) then I'm sure as hell gonna open my nose at take a whiff. Well enough rambling from the bleachers... let the fisticuffs recommence.

Worf

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Totally rational, I agree. I just don't think we can make a judgement based on one post alone. I know for me, sometimes these introductory "shills" are some peoples way to thank the maker in their own way.
I say let the first post slide, if post #2 or #3 indicate shill behavior, disregard.
But unfortunately now, even a "praise thread" wil turn venomous by page 3.
I agree with this. I'd rather see three shill threads die a slow death than alienate one honest new member while the regulars are at each others throats.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Well IBTL - I used to be on a forum like this but it was dedicated to a particular flight sim... IL2 Sturmovik. The game, built by Russian software desingers was and still is the BEST combat flight sim ever developed. However, in that it initiated with air combat over the Russain Front, Brits and Americans felt "shortchanged". Eventually the entire war was covered in expansions and new games BUT battle lines quickly developed as many felt the Luftwaffe planes were overly developed (Ubered) while U.S. and British planes (particularly the Mustang) were under developed (nerfed) giving the Axis an unfair advantage. Guys that had never seen a warbird in real life much less flown one in combat were fightin' each over tooth and nail about flight models, damage models everything BUT swimsuit models. The fights over there make this place look like International Rotary or Sunday School. Of course here's a little different as there's more than "rep" involved... there's dollars, pounds and euro's at stake. Me, I'm still a relative noob here. I've three aeros but that does not an expert make. I can't evaluate AL products simply cause I don't own any. I've insufficient standing to call anyone a shill.

That being said there are people here I know and trust. They've earned my trust and, in some instances, my hard earned dollars. They've also well over 10,000 posts between them. So if'n they tell me there's something rotten in Denmark (no offense my friends) then I'm sure as hell gonna open my nose at take a whiff. Well enough rambling from the bleachers... let the fisticuffs recommence.

Worf

Off topic, but I loved Jane's USNF '97 back in the day. Played F-15 Eagle a lot too but always got lost in the desert. Best one I thought was Janes USAF. That's when I stopped. Those il-2 games look like something else though.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I agree with this. I'd rather see three shill threads die a slow death than alienate one honest new member while the regulars are at each others throats.

Point taken. In fact, if one looks through BobJ's prior posts, there is nothing to suggest that he is anything other than a newbie from the US Pacific Northwest who inadvertently stepped into a rabbit hole. Hopefully, BobJ realizes that wrath is not directed to him personally and hope that his jacket is all that he wants it to be. When he receives his jacket and posts, hopefully he will not reference any company other than the one who made the jacket. In the meantime we regulars can cut our newbies a little slack and give them the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise as we sink our teeth into each other. :D

BobJ

Practically Family
Unbelievable! Un-freaking-believable!

It has become apparent that you can't say anything nice here, about Alexander Leathers, without the usual handful of characters coming out of the woodwork and pissing all over your post, pissing all over your character and motives, accusing you of "baiting", and attacking anyone who might agree with you.

I'm just a simple guy, an x-ray tech from a small town on the Oregon coast. Almost everything I know about leather jackets, including my appreciation for them, I learned from you guys here on the Forum. I said so at the beginnnng of my post, and thanked you all at the end of my post. I have nothing against Aero, almost bought one and I still think about that Horween FQHH. I investigated a number of manufacturers, found a style I liked, found Amanda helpful and pleasant to work with, ordered a jacket and shared my experience here. I was just trying to pay back a little bit to the forum for all that I have gained here. Like I said, I intended to post a description of the jacket and pictures, I even was going post a link to a youtube video of me trying it on and commenting on it.

Feraud - Thanks for the benefit of the doubt. I'm not really a new poster, I have been reading and posting for a year now, but there are a number of time-consuming issues in my personal life right now that prevent me from coming here as often as I would like.

Bunyip, Plumbline, Ishmael, schitzo, nick123, hpalapdog, Mark Ricketts, Feraud, and Fanch -- Thank you for your kind and gracious replies.

Cheers!

Bob

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Bob, not that he needs to be defended by me, but Butte is one of the good guys on this forum and think you failed to P/U on his rapier sense of humor. Just realize that AL is a lightening rod here right now :rant: and you happened to walk into the firestorm at the wrong time.

BobJ

Practically Family
Bob, not that he needs to be defended by me, but Butte is one of the good guys on this forum and think you failed to P/U on his rapier sense of humor. Just realize that AL is a lightening rod here right now :rant: and you happened to walk into the firestorm at the wrong time.

Fanch, I know that Butte is one of the good guys here, that's why I said 'he is a better man than that'. I do not think he was trying to be humorous in his accusations. I'll be glad to let him correct if I'm wrong - I often am!

Bob

schitzo

Suspended
Bunyip, Plumbline, Ishmael, schitzo, nick123, hpalapdog, Mark Ricketts, Feraud, and Fanch -- Thank you for your kind and gracious replies.

Cheers!

Bob

reckon my name made the list by mistake but I'll take it!

Seems you've been very careful with this order Bob, which bodes well. Perhaps you can tell us which model and leather you settled on?

All the best
Schitz

Bobj - Before you posted this, I PM'd you with an apology. I meant what I said including I am not apologizing for what's been said in general about everything regarding this topic.
Things will play out - I appreciate you guys all giving me the benefit of the doubt, and I won't continue on with it. In time, things will come to light, then settle, and we can get back to jackets.

best, Scott

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Hey Bob,
I see your from OR. Have you ever ventured into the Langlitz shop? Im from the East Coast of Oz, and I dream of wandering into that store...Ive jst paid my Langlitz off and they are great folk, would love to visit someday....also mate, very keen to see your new jacket....

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Bobj - Before you posted this, I PM'd you with an apology. I meant what I said including I am not apologizing for what's been said in general about everything regarding this topic.
Things will play out - I appreciate you guys all giving me the benefit of the doubt, and I won't continue on with it. In time, things will come to light, then settle, and we can get back to jackets.

best, Scott

Scott old buddy, things cannot come to light, settle, and our get back to jackets soon enough for me.

BobJ

Practically Family
Butte - Apology accepted - no harm, no foul. I know it's a touchy subject, I just don't know who's really at fault. I walked out onto the battlefield voluntarily - I expected some shots to whiz by!

Bunyip - No, I've never been to Langlitz. I've thought about it, and may go someday, but I was really interested in horsehide and they either don't do it, or charge $2000 for it. For a while I was considering their Crescent jacket with a shirt style collar.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Dunno about that mate, Ive ordered 2 jackets in the last month. I always see it a a good sign if a business i flat out...kinda like a busy chinese retaurant full of chinese people....it must be good right?
Bob, I wish Langlitz did hh too. Ive got a cascade that Im puting finshing touches on as we speak....might yet get a vest too.....they are great to deal with in any case...

Scotia_steve

New in Town
I'm a new poster (lurked, although never liked that term for quite a while).

I've bought two roadsters now from AL, guys opened shop on Sat just for me and spent a good two hours chatting about their biz and the jackets. Pretty impressed to be honest and I think they are in good hands with Sandy and with a good lot of experience. Very nice to deal with and very helpful.

Still fancy an Aero FQHH Horween as someone else said - aside from that, love the smell, colour, lining, and very thing about these jackets. Much better than anything I've ad before!

Problem is at the price they are, I'm still looking at more! Aero is stunning from their pics but for me the price was too difficult to resist, chance meeting at MCN bike show and I can see my missus getting very user when the wardrobe starts to get full of leather! :)

Can't wait to post pics, especially of the russet buffalo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe