Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My recent experience with Alexander Leathers...

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
tonypaj.

I had a dog that hated going out in the rain once. Bit of a disadvantage where I live since the winter is usually mild and wet, cold and wet, or just wet. A swift sidefoot up the arse with a wellie did the trick.

schitzo

Suspended
Yeah..it's for sure I want advice from Christopher Hitchens on his ideas of 'Thinking for yourself''.
You or him don't need to give me lessons,Laddie...

that's 3 posts from you and 3 from PL.. so just one more from you and you'll have successfully turned this into a Hoosierdaddy thread!

Ugly day in Indiana? Here in the Geneva region it's been raining and snowing for 5 months in a row now. About 3 days of sun. At least the Aero / AL stuff keeps me entertained, even my dog refuses to go out (and he was born and raised on a farm).

No tonypaj
Actually the temps will be near 60 here today and sunny for a change from 12" of snow a few days ago(now melted). That means riding LoudMouth this afternoon which always brings me great pleasure.
Just remember there's always sunshine after the rain! (Maybe Hitchen's said that!). lol

HD

nick123

I'll Lock Up
There's clearly two camps on TFL.
1) shameless shills coming to tell great stories of incredible things. New guys always. Wonderfully penned prose of this new potential kind of the FQHH throne.
2) those sick of such transparent shills.

Some interpret things one way, some another. But there's plenty that needs no interpretation, and some that will apparently become more clear in the near future.
On the one side, kangaroos. On the other, the blind, impartial, or maybe part of the crew. Anyone posting up a thread like this is baiting, plain and simple. The first one or two maybe I could have been naive enough to fallen for it. But once details of the split became more public, the number of new guys posting praise for those folks increased - all with "I'm just a new guy" tone of innocence.
Consider me not taking the bait.

Butte, I think sometimes new guys are just genuinely stoked about receiving their new jacket.
But yes, time will tell if there's true shilling involved.

For the record, I consider myself a shill. For every company I have dealt with so far to a degree!

tonypaj

Practically Family
tonypaj.

I had a dog that hated going out in the rain once. Bit of a disadvantage where I live since the winter is usually mild and wet, cold and wet, or just wet. A swift sidefoot up the arse with a wellie did the trick.

Mine is a Golden Retriever. He usually loves this stuff, getting wet and dirty. But he's not dumb enough to take it every day, kicks up the arse or not :)

@nick: sure, we all shill when were happy. However, in the years here and other places, I've come to get good at recognizing genuine vs being played. New guys almost always come in asking tons of questions (as did I) and getting to know the joint and occupants. Since the (second) big Aero debacle in as many years, and the creation of this new entity, these posts have come in regularly. People aren't stupid. And of course when were happy, we post praise - legitimately so.
But people here know from a posted joint statement that something(s) happened at Aero with said persons. Two well-respected companies in the leather jacket biz. Now, there's a separate scandal breaking in regards to leather jackets found belonging to Aero. If one were to be so fair as to ignore all this and just go "yay, another happy customer", they'd have to be placing head deeply into the sand. I prefer to breath.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Actually, deep breathing (into the abdomen, not into the chest) is one of the best things you can do to relax and alleviate pain. So inhale for a count of 3 - hold it for a count of 3 - exhale for a count of 6. ;)

hpalapdog

One of the Regulars
Anyone posting up a thread like this is baiting, plain and simple. The first one or two maybe I could have been naive enough to fallen for it. But once details of the split became more public, the number of new guys posting praise for those folks increased - all with "I'm just a new guy" tone of innocence.
Consider me not taking the bait.

BobJ starting posting last august about buying an Aero. Have you checked for commies under the bed this morning :eek: ?

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?65837-Noobie-test-post-intrduction-and-questions...

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
@nick: sure, we all shill when were happy. However, in the years here and other places, I've come to get good at recognizing genuine vs being played. New guys almost always come in asking tons of questions (as did I) and getting to know the joint and occupants. Since the (second) big Aero debacle in as many years, and the creation of this new entity, these posts have come in regularly. People aren't stupid. And of course when were happy, we post praise - legitimately so.
But people here know from a posted joint statement that something(s) happened at Aero with said persons. Two well-respected companies in the leather jacket biz. Now, there's a separate scandal breaking in regards to leather jackets found belonging to Aero. If one were to be so fair as to ignore all this and just go "yay, another happy customer", they'd have to be placing head deeply into the sand. I prefer to breath.

Totally rational, I agree. I just don't think we can make a judgement based on one post alone. I know for me, sometimes these introductory "shills" are some peoples way to thank the maker in their own way.
I say let the first post slide, if post #2 or #3 indicate shill behavior, disregard.
But unfortunately now, even a "praise thread" wil turn venomous by page 3.

I say let any thread about a member ordering a jacket..or displaying a new jacket..remain just that.
Becoming over reactionary about a following comment pertaining to an OP's statement to the point of hatred or self devised retaliation is what ruins a thread for many...except those who are just waiting for battle.
HD

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
Bob, great news that your jacket turned out so well and you had a good experience with AL.
Unfortunately, I cannot say the same. To be fair, questions on fit were answered quickly and clearly, but there was not pretence of politeness or curtesy. Questions about leather quality were completely ignored, even after several attempts. I must have caught them in a bad month.
Sorry to say that I took my business to a US manufacturer. I did not have to fight them for the privilege of giving them my money.

Mark Ricketts

One of the Regulars
This might be a bit mean, but the AL Grizzly reminds me of a very hairy man I once knew who would shave patterns in his chest hair, and then go sunbathing.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Mark, I'm not fond of the grizzly design made by anyone either; just personal preference. I'm curious: which US manufacturer did you use, and what did you get. Be sure to post pictures. Welcome to the FL.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Knowing the current state of things, get a jacket, post pics. Leave the BS regarding both companies out of it. Bait son is bait. No commies, but zombies and aliens. Believe it or fall.

:arated: Could not agree more. Enough is enough, and there no need for anyone to compare apples and oranges at this point. Just show us what you've got, and no one needs to give anyone a hard time about what's shown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe