Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Golden Era Job!

cco23i

A-List Customer
OUTSTANDING! I would go for the white uniform look until you get to Georgia, then it might get a little cold!:eek:

Scott

Lou

One of the Regulars
Congratulations!

I'd love to have milk delivered like the old days, and I'm lactose intolerant. I saw mention of soy milk, so all is well.

cco23i

A-List Customer
My problem is i'm a milk FANATIC! I guess it was from working on dairy farms as a kid. (Ice cold milk!!)

Scott

Missy Hellfire

One of the Regulars
How wonderful!

We have our milk delivered, it took me a while to track a milkman down but I now wouldn't be without our daily delivery. Having just been ill with flu, getting the milk put on the step every morning was a godsend, as was being able to put out a note for extras such as bread, orange juice and cheese. I am willing to pay a little more for the milk to keep him in business and for the convenience of having it delivered fresh to the doorstep. As far as I know, we are the only house in our direct area that has a delivery.

I wish our milkman wore a proper uniform though, some mornings I swear he is still in his pyjamas!

bd3

New in Town
GranadaGuy617 said:
Well, as of lastnight when I completed my first route I am a bona-fide milk man. (Yeah I know, THEY STILL EXIST!)This is so great! The hours are...eh 11-5 or so but the money is surprisingly really good. Anybody in the OC area get their milk / dairy products delivered? And...anybody know where I can get a milk mans uniform? I think I might just have on made.

When I was growing up my mother always got our milk, juice, butter, eggs, bacon etc from the "milk man". Used to come in glass bottles with some kind of peel off cap. That was back in the early 70's. I suppose they all went away around here by the late 70's. Wish we still had one.

Btw, if I lived in your area you'd have a new customer starting tonight.

Good luck with your job. I hope you enjoy it and are very successful.

Bill

NicknNora

A-List Customer
Oh how wonderful for you! I bet you even end up with customers who want to talk about the Golden era with you....oooohhhh..you might even have some of them who want to get rid of some vintage items from their attic that I'm sure you'll be only too glad to take off their hands. lol

Story

I'll Lock Up
The Milkman Is Back
Manhattan Milk Reintroduces Doorstep Delivery and Old-Time Customer Service
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/manh...introduce-doorstep-delivery/story?id=10064427

Actually, they do wear uniforms and offer service that's right out of the 1950s — remembering all of their customers by their first name. But some things have changed with time: those customers can now place their farm-fresh milk orders online, using a credit card.

Still, it's the feeling of nostalgia that has many customers hooked.

magnolia76

One of the Regulars
What a wonderful job! Thank you for keeping the occupation alive! Have the milk bottles changed much over the years? I remember as a kid we got them delivered in the smaller glass bottles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld